Train Sim World 4 Belgium Railway Line 25 Brussels To Antwerpen Train Sim World 4

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ilba8765, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

Belgium rail suggestion NMBS SNCB
    Infrabel

From my heart I would like to introduce Belgium, not just because it is a different country. More of all
    the special 's station in a short distance. It is also my home country and one of the reasons that I have wanted this country in the simulation for years.
    Antwerp Central is truly a unique place for TSW 4;

Except others signals, electrification, landscape definitely this one can be a nice addition to the game.

Belgium has adopted a lot from the English, such as driving on the left side, other things I don't know[​IMG]

For Brussels, International services for existing trains such as the ICE 3 / TGV

Even the class 66 drives around Belgium in the form of freight traffic. By private companies
    (Crossrail, Captrain, NMBS Logistics, later as Lineas, Rotterdam Rail Feeding, RTB Cargo, Rheincargo, Euro Cargo Rail (ECR), )

In Electric Locomotives on freight traffic the 193 VECTRON sometimes, or as usually a 186 traxx

There are two trains the best you can have they should both have ETCS so TBL is not necessary.
    HLD 62 is very similar to an American train(F7A) a heavy locomotive is this. For passenger services, the Desiro would not be a bad choice. Sounds of that remain so special.

Every train below is equipped with ETCS except the HLR 77 not or not yet

rolling stock

Desiro ML ( MS08) SNCB / NMBS
    Maximum speed 160 km/h
    built between 2011 - 2016

(Has beautiful sounds and is how any modern train would be nowadays, here you can hear the traction motors on both sides of this EMU. Nothing sits on one side like the MS96, MS80.)

Eurosprinter HLE 18/19 + M6 Double-decker wagons SNCB / NMBS (Potential Loco Add On)
    Maximum speed 200 km/h
    Entered service between 2009-2012

The Eurosprinter is very similar to the VECTRON, it looks practical in appearance, only with a few differences

MS80 BREAK SNCB / NMBS
    Maximum speed 160 km/h
    Entered service between 1981-1985

(Has a Brilliant engine, braking noise you can literally hear something different in every bit of the three compartments. The first with the dire windows behind the steering post are the traction motors, brakes also dynamic. In the middle is an extra carriage that was added later. The last part you can hear the compressor in 1st class and also when the rail speed is braked because they have been in service for a number of years.)

MS96 DMT SNCB / NMBS
    Maximum speed 160 km/h
    Entered service between 1996 - 2000

(Are very special trains, the entire control post can be turned to the side for a walk-through corridor. These are also the most luxurious standard passenger trains you can find in Belgium. it could now rival Thalys Eurostar. Even neater than the M6 or M7 in my own opinion.)

HLD 62 Infrabel
    Maximum speed 120 km/u
    Built in 1961
    Entered service sometime in 1962

(Doesn't look very much like the American version GM-EMD F7 in terms of drive and are both the same age with just under 10 years difference.
    The unique thing about this is that in Belgium these trains have even been renewed and equipped with the latest central safety technology >ETCS)

HLR 77 Infrabel, Lneas,
    Maximum speed 100 km/h
    Year of construction between 1999-2002

(This locomotive can be used for two tasks for cargo transport from A to B or shunting in the Depots like the ones we already have in the game DB G6 although these two also have a number of similarities, the difference can be seen in the length of the shape.)

Safety systems

TBL1+ / ETCS-L1

The Belgian railway line 25 is the oldest railway line in Belgium. It connects Belgium's two main cities: Brussels and Antwerp. The section between Brussels and Mechelen was completed in on Mayd 5, 1835 and was the first railway in Belgium and the first public passenger steam railway on the European continent. On May 3, 1836, the second section between Mechelen and Antwerp was opened. It was extended to Luchtbal in the north of Antwerp in 2007 in order to shorten the route from Amsterdam to Brussels. The total line runs 47.6 km (29.6 mi).

Over most of its length it is paralleled by line 27 [fr] so that four tracks are available. During business hours, line 25 serves fast trains while local trains use line 27.

The line goes through the following stations:
    Extension Muizen Freight DEPOT: Close to Mechelen station

rgerdsg.jpg gdfgd.jpg retert.jpg gdfdf.jpg ezrz.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 22
  2. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Great suggestion! Belgium has really some interesting stock deff, I also made an Belgian suggestion here for TSW!

Instead of the HLD 62 & Class 66 i rather would see the AM96 or maybe HLE18+M6! For freight we also can see the MRCE BR 185.5!

In Brussel we indeed can see the SKA ICE3M and the SNCF TGV Duplex! To make that area bussier!

• Like Like x 3
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and my SNCB/NMBS Route L37 gives M7 EMU with Bmx power car unpowered version SNCB/NMBS HLE18/18 HLE16 & MS39-77 to L25 in return L25 gives Class 66 to L37 Aachen Liege freight Aachen Rothe Erde-Liege Kinkempois Triage. I wonder what does the Dutch speaking part of Belgium use to describe a Marshalling Yard is it the same as the Netherlands a Rangeerterrein or A different term?
    Where would freight trains end in Antwerp from Brussels unless both have large marshaling yards on the other end of L25?
    In order to satisfy fans that only play German routes why not add another SNCB NMBS Locomotive that can run on PZB for DB and Future ÖBB routes.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

I agree and I'm wondering does the L37 HLE 18/HLE19 Siemens run here or not? If so then it can be made standard for L25 or layered from L37 Aachen Liege

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

nice suggestion but i think a M6 and HLE 18 are better for this route the rolling stock on brussel antwerp are MS 08 M6 with pilot coach and HLE 18 or 27

I10,M4 and M5 for rush hour service or in off-peak hour and there are not really freight on the route

and international service Benelux train with traxx 186 Eurostar E 320 and TGV PBA/PBKA

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ferrovipathe67

I propose a extension to Essen (BE) is better and the timetable is 2 trains per hours to charlerois IC (from essen BE) 2 IC from antwerp to brussel and 2 S1 trains from Antwerp to Nivelles per hours AI trains are possible at Antwerp,brussels and mechelen and we can the S 32 drive to antwerp berchem and from Essen

• Like Like x 1
  7. tibomatthijs

Nope, our Classiques (AM66) run there till end of 2023, then most our I11 with most likely then an ES2007/HLE18/19 will run with it till Aachen. Now those are doing those services[​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. tibomatthijs

Well we only could see them as AI instead of expanding the route. I think how the route is, its good enough, nice lenght and frequent stops!

9. Ferrovipathe67

yes but is only to Lier with a ms 75

10. Ferrovipathe67

an extension pack could be added with the benelux train to brussels airport it's possible

11. satoru#3751

satoru#3751 Member

Hello I’m a Japanese fan of TSW. And when I was a kid, I lived in Brussels for my father’s work.
    I didn’t have chance to ride on railway in Belgium but I love to drive it on TSW3.

• Like Like x 2
  12. driverwoods#1787

Find it helpful and are there P trains on L25 that actually run these AM39-79s L25 depots call them MS39-79. For a Museum train L25 needs HLE16/18 Alstom the former can run to Koln Hbf with SNCB NMBS I10 coaches or interact with an East German Orange and Cream DR Y-Wagen UIC type by having HLE18 Alstom from L25 run to Duren by reliving the DR BR243 132 & 250

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  13. Ilba8765

The port of Antwerp is very well known for freight train
    Brussels has a lot of space to park them there

Belgium in general Dutch they also call it Rangeerterrein. There are always dialects, which ones I unfortunately do not know.

HLR 77: memor, ATB, PZB, TBL 1 +
    The Vossloh G6 looks a bit like the HLR 77: only much shorter. G6 shunter we all already know from Train Sim World 3.

modern locomotive that runs everywhere often also for freight transport
    BR 186 traxx F140 MS2

Siemens Vectron

HLE 18, HLE 19
    EuroSprinter ES60U3

it really reminds me of the ACS-64 Amtrak Cities Sprinter.

with the Siemens Desiro ML that can be reused in Austria

ACS-64 can be converted into a HLE 18, HLE 19

Could Belgium be worth it after all?

For example, the HLD 55 is a typical Belgian train, very similar to the HLD 62. Some have one of the three ATB, PZB, TVM

The reason I would think that HLD 62 would be cool is. Because Belgium is one of the few countries in Europe where locomotives from the 1960s are renewed and put back into service. Even not so long ago ETCS on it.

Ultimately, the intention is that the whole of Europe will come under the same system ETCS. then you put an end to TBL, PZB, ATB. In Belgium, progress is already well under way.

According to Wikipedia, they are out of service. then by the NMBS and put back into service by Infrabel. In the end, they are both public companies. NMBS for travelers and Inrabel for railway management.

History

In 1991, NMBS became an 'autonomous public company'. On 1 January 2005, in order to comply with EU regulations for free access for all carriers on the European rail network, SNCB was split into three parts: an infrastructure manager (Infrabel), a train operator (NMBS) and an umbrella holding company (NMBS-Holding). The three of them formed the NMBS Group.

On 1 January 2014, the NMBS group disappeared. Infrabel became an autonomous public company. NMBS-Holding merged with NMBS and changed its name to NMBS. In addition, the company HR-Rail was founded, as a branch of both Infrabel and NMBS. HR-Rail takes care of the personnel management (employer and wage calculation) of the two rail companies. However, union members of the railways are calling for the merger of NMBS and Infrabel into one railway company, as was the case before 2005.

The SNCB is currently loss-making and mainly because of this, the debts of the SNCB Group rose to 3.08 billion euros in 2010, while at the end of 2009 they amounted to 'only' 2.73 billion euros. The SNCB Group saw its turnover increase in the first half of 2011, and succeeded in reducing the loss compared to the same period last year. Thanks to the improved results of the SNCB, debt stabilization started in 2015.

The history of the Belgian railways begins with the final political decision in 1834, which led to the first train running on Belgian territory a year later - as well as for the first time on the European mainland. The construction of railways was a political and economic risk at the time, but grew into one of the greatest success stories in Belgian Industrial History. Today, Belgium has a railway network of 3500 kilometers that is one of the densest in the world.

The railway played an important role in the development of Belgium in the 19th and 20th centuries. The importance of goes beyond mobility; the iron road influenced the economy, demography, social and cultural life. The landscape underwent a complete metamorphosis. Rural areas and remote cities emerged from their isolation. The increased mobility resulted in a unified standard time and allowed dialects to evolve towards a standard language.[1] A new vocabulary and a mentality of meticulousness and punctuality emerged. New forms of tourism such as coastal tourism emerged and warfare changed: during the American Civil War and the Franco-Prussian War, the railway was more important than the aging fortifications.

The Southern Netherlands (later Belgium) were the first areas on the European mainland to adopt the Industrial spirit from England. Around 1800, the Sambre and Meuse basin in present-day Wallonia was already the most industrialized region in continental Europe. An indispensable condition for industrialization is the organization of efficient transport. Because the roads were still very bad at this time, land transport was not ideal. In the late 18th and early 19th centuries, canals were the main roads for goods transport. Passenger transport was still exclusively done by horse-drawn carriages. Primitive railways, in which wagons were pulled by manpower or horses on wooden rails, were already known in England and on the Continent, but were not yet widely used. In quarries and mines they were used for moving heavy objects over shorter distances. Such railways were not interesting for longer routes: the rails wore out quickly and the load capacity was much lower than that of a boat.

In both the French and Dutch periods, goods transport in Belgium took place via waterways. Mainly the Scheldt; the Rhine and the Meuse were important nodes. They provided a connection with the surrounding countries and were therefore of vital economic importance. After the Southern Netherlands were reunited with the Northern Netherlands after the Congress of Vienna, it turned out that the financial situation in these areas after the Napoleonic regime was extremely worrying. In order to sustain the growth of the industry, William I ordered the expansion of the waterways. Witnesses of this are the Canal Mons-Condé (1810) and the Canal Charleroi-Brussels (1816-1832). About 1821, before the last canal was filled, industrialists Thomas Gray and John Cockerill came up with the idea of using it as a bed for a railway with horse-drawn wagons. This concept, which had already been used on a modest scale in England with wooden or cast iron rails, was eventually abandoned and the canal was filled with water as planned.

The British were a lot further ahead in terms of technology and also experimented with another industrial innovation: the steam engine, which was placed on tracks. The search for a user-friendly and efficient steam locomotive was a major challenge for inventors and engineers. Finally, in 1829, the British engineer George Stephenson managed to have the first reliable steam locomotive run out. In England, the railway immediately had great success and the rail network expanded enormously in a short time, which led to major economic growth. Moreover, not only goods but also people were transported and the construction costs of a railway line were less high than those of a canal.

In the southern part of what was then the United Kingdom of the Netherlands, there were already some railways for internal traffic at companies or transport from mines to ports. For example, in 1830 there was already a mine track at Bois-du-Luc and in May 1830 (so before the Belgian Revolution) a railway line was opened between the Grand-Hornu mine and the Mons Canal at Condé. This was probably the first line that lay for a longer distance outside a factory site, but was not yet public and used horse traction.

Belgian independence
    While there were no checks on industrial progress in England, Europe was plagued by political and ideological uprisings in the first half of the 19th century. In 1830, the Southern Netherlands tore itself off from the North and formed the new Kingdom of Belgium. However, independence brought many problems. Due to the break with the Netherlands, use could no longer be made of the waterways present there, which proved to be indispensable for Belgian economic progress. It was a major obstacle to the young country's industrial lead over the rest of Europe. Moreover, the most important economic hub, the port of Antwerp, was cut off from the German hinterland. The road to this economic sales area ran via the Netherlands and was therefore no longer accessible to Belgian river vessels.

The first step towards a solution was taken by the new Anglophile Belgian King Leopold I. He met George Stephenson on a visit to England and was impressed by the steam train and the concept of the railways. The train represented a possible solution to the transport problem in his home country and the realization of such a project would strengthen Belgium's position as an industrial nation. The king used his influence to start the project. Two engineers from the then Ministry of Bridges and Roads, Pierre Simons and Gustave De Ridder,[3] then went to England to investigate progress in rail technology. This is where the idea arose for the construction of the 'Iron Rhine', a rail connection between the Scheldt and the Rhine, which they presented to the government on their return.[4] From 1832 this was debated in Parliament. A discourse in parliament went as follows:

Dear colleagues: the steam locomotive is enjoying increasing success on the other side of the Channel. Our best engineers have convinced us of the usefulness of a national network and of a railway line between Antwerp and the Rhine. This project will mean great progress for our trade. We hear that the farmers are afraid that we will expropriate their land. Coachmen, postal workers and skippers also fear for their work. There are even stories that the shaking of the train would turn the milk into buttermilk and the eggs would arrive at their destination as omelettes. But those fears are completely unfounded. The railway will create thousands of jobs and give a strong boost to our industry. It will become easier to trade and our fellow citizens will be able to travel more comfortably through our country. This is an opportunity we must seize as a young nation. It is a historic moment.[5]

Although the House and Senate approved the plan fairly quickly, the concrete implementation failed to materialize. It was not clear who would be responsible for the construction and operation of the railways: the state or the private sector. After all, Belgium was a liberal country that had to give the private market every opportunity. As a result, the talks dragged on for a long time

Jan Neuhuys: "Inauguration ride of May 5, 1835"

Le Belge, the first Belgian-made locomotive
    In the spring of 1834, the historic decision was made to lay 380 km of track. The law was approved in the Chamber on March 28 with a majority: 56 votes in favour, 28 against. The Senate followed suit on April 30, by 32 votes to 8. On May 1, 1834, King Leopold I signed the law establishing the Belgian Railways. Article 1 of the law stated:[3]
    A system of iron roads will be established in the kingdom centered on Mechelen and directed east to the borders of Prussia via Louvain, Liège and Verviers, north to Antwerp, west to Ostend via Dendermonde, Ghent and Bruges and south to Brussels and the French border through Hainaut.

The construction of the railway went very quickly. However, there were several people who objected to these measures. For example, there were fears of job losses and questions were raised about the safety of the new technology. Stories circulated of locomotives exploding and it was thought that the trains' "fast speed" might bring with it any breathing difficulties or nausea. These myths were all debunked after research, although technical problems and railway accidents were not uncommon in the first years of the new railway.

On May 5, 1835, the first three British-made trains with a total of nine hundred passengers left for Mechelen from the little station of Brussels-Groendreef. In the early days it was fashionable to name the locomotives. The three locomotives were named De Pijl (La Flèche), De Stephenson (Le Stephenson, named after the supplier, Robert Stephenson from Newcastle) and De Olifant (L'Elephant). They completed the route one after the other and took 45, 50 and 55 minutes respectively. The tracks ran outside the city limits of Brussels, Vilvoorde and Mechelen to avoid tolls. This historic day would be a milestone in Belgian history. It was not only the first Belgian train ride, but also the first outside England. Germany, the Netherlands and France would follow soon after.

In its early days, the train was an unlikely success. The popularity of the medium grew enormously in the days after the first ride, albeit mainly as a tourist attraction. Huge amounts of money were paid for a train ticket on the black market. About 150,000 people already traveled by train in the first few months. Meanwhile, the industry has not stood still either. The first locomotives were imported from England, but Belgian companies also gradually started to produce railway equipment. Already in August 1835 "Le Belge" was built, the first locomotive of Belgian manufacture. Initially, the country had three constructors: Société anonyme John Cockerill in Seraing was and remained by far the largest, followed by the smaller Société du Renard in Brussels and the Société Saint-Leonard in Liège. Cockerill would soon leave the competition behind and played an important role in the further expansion of the Belgian fleet. The construction of new railways was also not delayed. Mechelen became the central railway hub. Trains departed from here in all directions. South to Brussels and France, north to Antwerp and the port, west to Ostend (via Dendermonde, Ghent and Bruges) and east to Leuven, Liège and Verviers. Because the railways were built by the state, a network with national coverage was created. Although the construction of the track also had an important industrial motive, in the beginning the operation consisted only of passenger cars. The first freight trains were not used until 1838.[6] The Iron Rhine was also implemented on this. The German border was reached in 1843 with the opening of railway line 37.

Wikipedia HLD Locomotive
    They were mainly used on railway lines without overhead wires and in freight service. In appearance they are almost identical to the series 62 and there are also great similarities in terms of motor, but the HLD 55 is a lot longer and has a more powerful variant of the engine. They also have six axles instead of the four of the series 62. They mainly ran on the railway lines in Gemmenich, Montzen - Aachen-West and the Walloon industrial basin and were mainly used for pulling heavy freight trains. They also drove car trains from Genk to Sloehaven and container trains on the Maasvlakte-Athus route.

In 1990 some of these locomotives were used for passenger traffic between Antwerp and Neerpelt. They temporarily replaced the HLD 62.

The locomotives 5507, 5517, 5523, 5526 and 5533 were converted to run on the Iron Rhine. They were equipped with additional train control systems (ATB and PZB) to be able to run in the Netherlands and Germany respectively. This was always indicated on the side of the locomotive (ATB + PZB90) under the locomotive number. In 2007, these installations were transferred to class 77 locomotives. In 2013, these locomotives were placed 'in park'.

The locomotives 5501, 5506, 5509, 5511, 5512, and 5514 are equipped with the TVM system in order to carry out tug assignments on the HSL in Belgium in case of emergency. Some locomotives in the series have a generator for hauling passenger trains. The generator then supplies the power for the heating, air conditioning, lighting and any restaurant cars. These locomotives are blue and yellow instead of green and yellow.

In 2009, the series 55 was taken out of service by the NMBS. The remaining locomotives of this series replace the series 52-53-54 at the railway contractor TUC Rail, Infrabel's house contractor.

Since 1 January 2014, locomotives 5507, 5510, 5517, 5523, 5526, 5530 and 5533 have been taken out of service due to the lack of the TBL1+ installation. The 5528, painted in old green by some TUC RAIL train drivers in 2018, was taken out of service on 10 March 2019. At the end of 2020, there are still two 55s in service with TUC RAIL, the 5508 and the 5537. At the beginning of 2022, the 5508 is the last remaining locomotive at TUC RAIL, which was repainted in 2021 in the red-white house style. The six locomotives with TVM equipment are no longer used by NMBS, part of the locomotives will be used by Infrabel.

Geschiedenis van de Belgische spoorwegen
    https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geschiedenis_van_de_Belgische_spoorwegen

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

This route is a good idea, especially if DTG brings the Euroshed to there!

• Like Like x 2
  15. driverwoods#1787

Find that helpful and from what I can see owners of this need HLR 77 particularly the 7771-7871 version which has PZB E186 SNCB/NMBS HLE28 Bombardier Traxx which also has PZB that way Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen has SNCB NMBS locomotives on it. 2017 Report on Elektrolok.de has SNCB/NMBS HLE28 Bombardier E186 run on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen One unique feature on the report they mentioned was that the DB BR182 MRCE BR182 Dispolok BR182 in the ÖBB Baureihe 1116 version stops in the middle track then go for its sound

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ilba8765

Only benefits with Belgium added.
    There are already at least 3 trains that can be reused in other countries, if Belgium were not so popular.
    Solutions enough to support this possible problem.

Moreover, it would be exciting to see other countries emerge with the European signal safety system ETCS or
    European Train Control System.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. robinrasquin

robinrasquin Member

I hope that DTG (or a third party developer) will put at least 1 single Belgian route to TSW3

• Like Like x 6
  18. driverwoods#1787

I agree and furthermore If DTG does make Begium they are likely to do L37 Aachen Liege then merge it with Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen that way HLR 77 7771-7871 HLE 28 Bombardier can run a Liege Kinkempois to Köln Ehrenfeld because there's no suitable Yard to end them on the Köln-Aachen. unless L37 Aachen Liege gets merged with Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen Wuppertal Köln line and Rhein Ruhr Osten therefore giving Belgian trains a long service from Liege Kinkempois to Hagen Hbf via Köln Kalk Nord and Wuppertal Steinbeck. In return German trains like DB Baureihe 193 can run L25 Antwerpen Brussel Zuid

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ilba8765

Sounds like the logical option, they could also do Leuven station. I know the ICE 3 doesn't stop there but it would be fine for regular trains. Finally, you would suddenly drive from Germany through the French-speaking side of Belgium to Leuven,
    the Dutch-speaking part.

I am a serious enthusiast for the Original HLE 62 or the 55. These Locomotives are so special and powerful.
    To this day, these are still used by Infrabel and the NMBS/SNCB, the HLE 55 mostly before the HSL by the NMBS/SNCB and the type HLE 62 by the railway manager Infrabel.

With these special Locomotives at the bottom of the photos, cool assignments can be done in the simulators.
    Such as connecting to a Defective ICE, separating the whole train set, and then towing.
    Or something even better, the battery of that ICE is broken, so you can't open the doors if it still needs to be started. you connect the Locomotive to the train set and that's how you open the doors.

Unfortunately, these experiences are nowhere to be found in the game yet. Could provide an extra technical reality.

A country without its own trains, looks more like an invasion;) Preferably a locomotive and a train set

maps.jpg
    sdfsdf.jpg

rtyr.jpg ezrz.jpg
    sdfds.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  20. tibomatthijs

Well we could see this if the HLD55 comes as DLC, an then that scenario in ofcourse an scenario! But then you need SKA to get that scenario to work, and they did not tried stuff like that yet.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Ilba8765

There is a first time for everything.
    It would simply be nice if passenger and freight trains had to share the rail network.
    For local maintenance, put together smaller freight trains and drive from A to B. Such a composition between shunting, track traffic.
    scenarios where Fill fuel is required, this should also be allowed in timetables. But ETCS at its full potential in a busy train traffic would be nice, Not a railway line where you drive through trees for 20 minutes, might be cheaper to build and doesn't give you the attention. By a busy train traffic, your options between two major cities are so much better.

Belgium gives the opportunity to ride from the best stations and railway lines in a standard route length. To the Developers just try it

retr.jpg fsed.jpg
    rtyyrt.jpg ertre.jpg retre.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  22. tibomatthijs

Its of course not so easy to just say ''try it''. They got a whole plan for the year, with all the released they've planned & which kind of dlc's that they'll make. So long they do not got any plans to build this route/have the license, they sadly enough won't make it...

But I agree you can have some proper big famous stations on a decent route lenght here in Belgium, with both busy passenger, freight & shunting duties!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Ilba8765

True, it would be quite a task in itself. It's just because of the Köln - Aachen route that came in TSW 2 that the hopes for Belgium are higher than ever. Moreover, until now passenger transport (NMBS/SNCB) and the railway management (Infrabel) on the Belgian railways is still in the hands of the government. It shouldn't be that hard. SkTrains did it anyway. Always nice when they have full access to the railways. After all these years, I still keep my fingers crossed for Belgium, despite the small chance that stands for it.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  24. driverwoods#1787

Merry Christmas to you. Definitely agree with this point and furthermore Belgian trains can open the possibility of them running into Germany if they have the proper equipment.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Ilba8765

Thank you:), same to you + a happy new year.
    Fully equipping ETCS easy and not completely new in the game, some German trains could get an update to run in Switerland as well. Think of the BR 406 (ICE 3), BR 185,2, or a yet known European locomotive BR 186 traxx..
    TBL would also be nice, but I think that for International trains you can drive in different countries. ETCS could have more added value.

https://www.demorgen.be/politiek/re...id~bf67f48b/?referrer=https://www.google.com/
    https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treinongeval_bij_Buizingen

It is absurd that Belgium itself has waited a long time for the roll-out of their signal safety systems. Although this is new in 2010 in the Belgian railways and only the standard in 2016, TBL could be of shorter duration, or rather a transition to the European safety system.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Ilba8765

Someday when the impossible would happen, including multiple Countries getting an addition to the simulation.
    I would like to suggest 2 routes from personal opinion. One where 2 large stations come in Antwerp - Brussels in 1 route or DLC. Another one so that you have the famous Liège station including Leuven station to still be able to get part of the Flemish language border. Instead of only French-speaking Belgium. The fairest seems with something between Leuven - Liège - Aachen. For the ultimate cargo experience

Personal preference remains Antwerp - Brussels - Zaventem (Belgium airport) further to Leuven station and Liège, including the port of Antwerp. A fairly large piece; but this way you could get an ultimate train experience and the most important busiest stations in Belgium could be placed in 1 route.

For such a large route, I would like to pay 49 Euro for it. Only if there would have the busiest lines in it with sufficient quality.

It would be a dream come true

New/ large stations in Belgium stations

Brussels North
    Antwerp Central
    Leuven
    Liège

Trains
    For freight trains "186 traxx " runs in many countries.
    Passengers "AM08 Desiro" still drive in Austria, Germany little bit there.
    " HLE 28 / 19" = "M6" for people including me who like to drive large locomotives such as the Taurus. Is this another new variant of it where there is something new to experience.

I sincerely believe that what is listed below could bring a more comprehensive experience to railway enthusiasts. Everything runs on those railway lines. From International traffic to standard, special train services that can be experienced.

qsdq.jpg

restserterert.jpg fjkh.jpg
    Leuven station.jpg uhuhyy.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  27. driverwoods#1787

At least we can operate the one service that requires SNCB/NMBS HLE18/19 using the current timetable 20:44 Aachen Hbf 22:01 Köln Hbf Sleeper train Final Destination is Wien Hbf via Aschaffenburg Hauptbahnhof 01:57 Lohr Bahnhof 02:17 Würzburg Hbf 02:37 since TSW 2020 base route Main Spessart Bahn can merge with TSW 3 base route Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Würzburg Kassel Würzburg section via Lohr Bahnhof. I used the ÖBB Nightjet German language site to get the correct time of Aachen/Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof Köln Koblenz Wien/Innsbruck Hbf sleeper train schedule when it arrives on Main Spessart Bahn & Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Würzburg. For that service to work out you need to own the crossborder Germany to Belgium route then locomotive packs that actually contain ES64U2 MRCE Dispolok DB Baureihe 182.
    Video of NMBS HLE18 Siemens replaced by ÖBB Baureihe 1016/1116 DB MRCE Dispolok Baureihe 182 Aachen Hbf

For Dispolok Baureihe 182 go to the PZB mode selection switch from M to O then LZB on for the 20:44 Aachen Hauptbahnhof 22:01 Köln Hbf trip. LZB Düren Bahnhof Köln Hbf section later on the trip Lohr Bahnhof Rohrbach Bbf Würzburg Hbf.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Ilba8765

Indeed, but one that does not only run to the edges. Aachen - Liège - Brussels would be a pleasant route because of the large goods depot close to brussels + International traffic even further extensions to standard rail traffic.

It could also be possible to release the BR 186 traxx in a DLC very famous locomotive in central Europe
    class 66 they can also use, safety systems converted to PZB
    a good full route with fixed extensions In the form of new trains or very special scenarios where you can have a lot of fun. Only driving a very small part with goods would not really be that much fun in my opinion. Think of the scenarios where you have to pass an urgent ICE or a desiro. And you drive between Aachen and Brussen through two beautiful stations Liège, Leuven. it could be a spectacular route for anyone interested in Belgium.

zda.jpg

etr.jpg
    zeaeaeza.jpg

Class 66 Germany: PZB, ATB, ERTMS, (Memor) TBl or ETCS

zerez.jpg

TRAXX 186: TBL, ETCS, ATB

erte.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  29. driverwoods#1787

Does this include my suggestions Ligne 36 Bruxelles Nord Lovain Liège Gullemins Ligne 37 Liège Gullemins Aix en la Chapelle Gare Centrale Aachen Hbf or not? The way that this will change Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen it's that you have Belgian Freight capable of running PZB to Köln Ehrenfeld

• Like Like x 1
  30. Ilba8765

question about the (ES2007/HLE18/19) is would they have enough trains to keep the entire rail network running when the last classics go out am66 and if they are no longer replaced by extra Desiros or more M7 ?
    Still a own opinion that the NMBS is no longer fully worthy of its name in the field of National Railway Company, although it is now no longer that.
    my logic is simply based on the fact that if they don't have similar trains in numbers as they do now then something is going to happen
    It is perfectly possible that they will use the M7 instead of the I11 and then shift the I11 to Aachen. In that case, the M4 should not be taken out of service because they are often used as peak hour trains just like the last HLE 21/27 for the M5. Their only locomotives that they still use for passenger traffic is the M7 motor vehicle HLE18/19, and some slightly older HLE 13
    Other Belgian railway equipment that is still in circulation today are the HLE 28 traxx and HLD 77 are both used for freight traffic outside the HLD 77 by Infrabel for railway maintenance, just like the HLD 62. The only exception is the HLD 55 (TVM) which is used for the HSL by NMBS/SNCB.

mention these trains have already been overhauled "everything renewed"

M5
    AM80
    AM75
    AM86

the rest like the

M4
    I11
    M6
    AM96
    MW 41

MR08

2024 they will first privately passenger train that would drive through Belgium
    (Three-country train)
    Arriva
    sdg.jpg rys.jpg sgdfg.jpg

31. tibomatthijs

Good question! They have quite some M7's and they're gonne re-use more stock on other services like I6 and AM86 will be used much more! So they can use HL18+I11 for Aachen, this are all still plans! We will see how SNCB will fix their stuff

• Like Like x 1
  32. driverwoods#1787

You are correct however there is going to be a problem with I11 is that a NMBS HLE13 Alstom has to be attached to the back of them at Ans inclined plane Brussels Direction and a DB Baureihe 193 Aachen Ronheider Rampe. since an entire train NMBS I11 10 carriages will not be enough despite having SNCB NMBS HLE18 Siemens locomotive. Key reason for it is the weight plus the coupling forces. Grade is 1 in 38 26% making it 4% steeper than Spessartrampe Heigenbrücken Laufach on Bahnstrecke Hanau Aschaffenburg Laufach Heigenbrücken Lohr Gemünden Würzburg Hbf Main Spessart Bahn route.

• Like Like x 1
  33. tibomatthijs

It will work with a HLE18 and I11, they will run on 25Kv anyway. The dosto's can be hauled too on the Spessart rampe :D

• Like Like x 2
  34. Ilba8765

a Okay they still have some work to do I wonder how it will turn out in the future.. AM75 was the last to be renovated after the BREAKS am80 and the Sprinter AM 86.
    Although the am66 or classics had something iconic.
    Which country in Europe has ever even used trains with a middle door.. (AM96, original ICM also had a walk-through head but not like the series MS54, MS55, MS62 , MS66, MS70 , MS73, )

Hopefully the Belgium Railways do it more comprehensive this time.
    "as an example" Not, like with the Am75, to keep the original coupling, knowing that after the AM66 goes out of service, no other type of train can tow it away without an attachment (costs too much to completely replace old technology for the next 15 years). It is unbelievable when you look at the front of these two trains you suddenly see that there is still manual work involved. it has some of it from the class 455 UK. As you say, it seems more logical to let the MS86 drive to Aachen; instead using it for busy hours. Simply more wagons with locomotives to divide the peak hour division. Something I find very genial about the NMBS/SNCB is the M7, it looks like a train set, but it is not, it is a locomotive with passenger capacity on the one hand, while the other side is exactly the same principle as the M6
    wagons and driving carriages. Who knows how many M7 or desiros will be extra ordered, everything is possible..

ezt.jpg
    erte.jpg

ry.jpg
    rtyr.jpg
    ertettt.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  35. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Yes this route should definitely come to TSW. The rolling stock even carries my avatar. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  36. driverwoods#1787

Really excellent point when it comes to the M7 there is a formation that has two M7 BMx power cars steuurwagen in Dutch documentation with M6 cabs on the other end.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Ilba8765

:D lol who even knows your name, the most famous station in Europe!

38. Ilba8765

Throughout Belgium it is full of different rolling stock mixed up
    I11,M6,M7, I10 almost art :)
    At which site can I watch the documentaries-?

rerdsfg.jpg
    srsdgfdsg.jpg sfsdf.jpg
    ererztdfg.jpg
    fsfsdf.jpg

Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  39. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Small the text please! It took forever to read that on my phone!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. antwerpcentral

I'm always complaining we have too many vintage UK trains in TSW but when I look at our Belgian rolling stock here, we also have a lot of vintage trains still in service :D

• Like Like x 2
  41. MaxBenchip

MaxBenchip Well-Known Member

Yes the AM 75 is ... special

• Like Like x 1
  42. Ilba8765

Any difference is here they are still quite modern, most of them were completely renovated only 5 years ago - vintage trains , for the next 15 years:)

the last MS75, MS80 emu are renewed in it year 2020
    Toilet seat or MS96 dmt are the only one still in original condition

Or in some cases even worse than in the UK

To give a clear example

With the MS80 breaks is involved around in the middle carriage to accommodate the latest standards such as a wheelchair accessible toilet and a place for bicycles. Although it already had a large one that could accommodate bicycles, it can only be opened by Staff. In addition to this adjustment's , today every station or stopping point still requires a handful of people to lift someone in a wheelchair onto the train.
    rezrz.jpg
    ezrrez.jpg

dsqdsqd.jpg fsfs.jpg

sdssf.jpg

43. antwerpcentral

Oh I hate that model of train. How many times have they been refurbished?

• Like Like x 1
  44. MaxBenchip

They need to be replaced by the Desiros

• Like Like x 1
  45. antwerpcentral

Which are those new models that have these awesome interiors looking like everything is made out of expensive wood? I love those

• Like Like x 1
  46. Ilba8765

Too many times:D , The traction motors are well special and in the older version Memling you have a real good comfort in first class and the middle carriage the original train parts
    (Bordeaux) 2nd class were terrible practically the same as now, only the seats are now exactly in those places as in an M6 standard.
    Nothing stays more comfortable than an I11 or MS96 DMT
    those trains have even more luxury than an DB ICE 3 High-speed train not the Danish one .....

47. MaxBenchip

Those are gems !

• Like Like x 1
  48. Ilba8765

for those who want to see the full route