Berlin Hbf - Hamburg Hbf

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by BR430, Dec 22, 2020.

1. BR430

BR430 Member

[​IMG] I hereby present the proposal for Train Simulator 2021, the next route that is missing in the Simualtor.
    This route already existed for the MSTS in the past. Since it is for me as well as for one or the other
    Another simulator fan a big dream would be to own this track in the Train Simulator and with up to
    Rushing through 230 km / h with the ICE 1 would be very great if this route existed. By the way
    this would be the first long German route for the Train Simulator. Now for a few details and one
    little story.

The Berlin – Hamburg line is a double-track, electrified main line in the
    German federal states of Berlin, Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg. she connects the federal capital Berlin with Hamburg via Wittenberge and Ludwigslust.

It is the first existing line in Germany to be expanded for speeds of over 200 km / h, the
    so that high-speed route became. The 286.7 km between the main train stations of both cities are made by the fastest trains covered in 103 minutes, the travel speed is depending on the train type and
    Timetable currently a maximum of 164 km / h (as of the 2020 timetable).

The line was built from May 6, 1844 by the Berlin-Hamburg Railway Company and
    Commissioned on December 15, 1846. At that time it was the longest long-distance railway line in Germany
    Countries. It led from Berlin, Hamburger Bahnhof (from October 1884 from Lehrter Bahnhof), via Spandau,
    Neustadt (Dosse), Wittenberge, Ludwigslust, Büchen and over the already existing 15.6 kilometers
    Route of the Hamburg-Bergedorfer Eisenbahn to the Berlin train station in Hamburg.

Platform protection:

Barriers at the Paulinenaue train station

Driving past platform tracks at a maximum speed of more than 200 km / h required
    for the first time on a German high-speed route, passenger security systems in the form of barriers
    33 platforms of 21 stations. These are 4.80 meters long and 1.20 meters high grids,
    between which 1.20 meter passages allow access to the track. Bilingual signs
    call on travelers at the edge of the platform to step back. On the side facing away from the track, a
    warned against entering the platform before the train has stopped.

Expansion for 230 km / h:

At the beginning of the new millennium, the shortest travel time between Hamburg and Berlin was two hours and eight minutes.

In February 2000 the decision was made not to build the Transrapid between the two cities. For that was
    which has been expanded from 160 to 230 km / h on 263 km of route. The sections in comparison
    Driving speed increased by 30 km / h to conventional upgraded routes is necessary to allow a driving time
    of 90 minutes.

The route thus became the first upgraded route in Germany to be driven at over 200 km / h.
    Up until now, higher speeds have only been driven on newly built routes, which are usually near settlements and train stations were routed past. For the first time, protective grids were also installed on the platforms used (see below).

Berlin - Hamburg.jpg

Berlin - Hamburg 2.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

DTG might consider it to be too long for a DLC. They do have DLCs just over 100 miles, but usually a third party developer will make the longer ones, such as the South China Network coming in at a whopping 570 km. Your suggested route is 178.14 miles in length. I do agree that this route would be useful and also be handy for the purpose of merging routes to it; I can also just see it being split in half at Wittenberge and additional line spurs added on each half, though I would hope in such a case that the two routes are later able to be played merged in the second DLC (require the first to play the second and lower the price slightly since it's an extension).

If Hanover to Berlin is indeed created, it's also important that the origination point of each terminus matches those used by other DLC, such as Hamburg-Hanover, Berlin-Leipzig, etc. That will allow those wanting to extend their play to merge the routes and create long distance voyage scenarios. With differing points of origin, this cannot be easily done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BR430

BR430 Member

I probably also think that DTG lasts too long. A subdivision of the DLC would be conceivable, as DTG does with Frankfurt

Since Berlin - Leipzig is from a different developer, this will be difficult to create a further merger for long-distance traffic. It would be even better if DTG did this for the first time. You have to try it out.

I would also agree that the route should be divided. No matter whether from Hamburg to Wittenberge or Berlin - Wittenberger are the first to come.

But it would be best if DTG could build this route in its entirety for the first time and thus also be the first German long route. But DTG can of course decide for itself whether you want to cut it completely or in half. In any case, I would be very happy for both :).

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

The third-party dev could probably (and rightfully) go after them for it by trying to minimize sales of their own product, of which they already have to dip 30% to DTG. Why would anyone needs theirs if DTG is offering one and eventually putting deeper discounts on it? Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

The original dev, meanwhile, can manufacture the extension.

5. BR430

BR430 Member

All good Cyclone. I have shown a few small details and added a few pictures of where he should have taken the route :)