Xbox Best Uk Route?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by olliecrabb#7097, Jun 11, 2024.

1. olliecrabb#7097

olliecrabb#7097 Member

Hi everyone just wondering what is the best UK route to buy because I want to buy one but I don’t know which, so I need help

I already own the following routes:
    Brighton mainline
    London Underground
    Island line 2022
    WSR
    Blackpool branches
    Suffragette line
    Fife Circle

if there aren’t really any other UK routes please leave some suggestions for other routes aswell!

• Like Like x 1
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Blackpool is by far the best, however the next three after that would be MML, ECML and NTP. Three solid routes, with MML being clearly in front of the other two and NTP and ECML being about the same, with each one edging the other depending on the point of comparison.

• Like Like x 4
  3. liambell234

liambell234 New Member

my favourite route has gotta be brighton mainline, especially with the scenery improvements mod and the class 700 timetable mod! :)

• Like Like x 5
  4. jack#9468

jack#9468 Well-Known Member

SEHS is also good with all layers.

A mix of high speed and regional services, plus a few railtours.

• Like Like x 10
  5. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

my thoughts considering what you currently own:
    • SEHS: Hard to beat SEHS if you have the layers + 700. Can’t beat the variety.
    • CCL: If you like these little commuter routes, cathcart circle line looks like it’s about to get really good with the new update + new emu.
    • MML is really good as others suggest, if if a bit short + it’s hard to stay on time with the 158
    • Glasgow - Edinburgh is… mehhh at best. I like owning it because it does give me some extra layers for Fife circle at Edinburgh… but the 385 could’ve been a lot better. Wait for steep discount imo
    • I want to like NTP but the scenery has aged poorly and the signaling is goofy, but some folks here swear by it… similar feeling on TVL + that one is too short
    • BCC is very good if you like really long commuter services with like a million stops. 323 is really well done imo. Glossop is honestly my preference for 323 runs because they’re a much more bearable 35 minutes or so

• Like Like x 3
  6. oliver109

oliver109 Active Member

Glossop, stunning route done really well, it might be short but you really feel like you are driving in real life and the 323 sounds great.

7. 85Leaf

85Leaf Well-Known Member

SEHS is really good with lots to do. I like Tee's as well for it's industrial feel. Currently operating the 710 on the Goblin/Suffragette Line and I'm enjoying it, but YMMV.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I would say go for Blackpool definitely but you will need TVL plus the Class 20 and 31 packs and NTP with its Heavy Freight add on (Class 40) to get all the layers.

Really depends where your interest lies, obviously if BR Blue is not your thing then one of the more modern electric routes may be more to your taste.

If you like a scenic run and don’t mind the botched steam physics, Peak Forest might be worth a punt.

• Like Like x 1
  9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Favourite UK routes for me In TSW4, what you don't have.

Midland Mainline (get the cargo line dlc, it packs the layers out better ).

Great Western Express

South Eastern Highspeed (fantastic with all the dlc).

East Coast Mainline

Birmingham.Cross City (tad deserted)

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  10. steveownzzz#6107

Blackpool is arguably the best but he said he already owns it

11. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I would say undoubtedly the best.

12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Ahhh... That will teach me to speed read over my morning coffee! However grabbing TVL, NTP and the subsidiary DLC will improve the BPO experience substantially.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steveownzzz#6107

lol happens to me all the time
    Yes, agreed, those really do elevate the route in a big way. Beyond that, the only thing missing are some electrics!
    Makes me wish for a route with a class 86 or something, so I can see them roll into Preston…

14. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

South Eastern Highspeed us a brilliant route every more brilliant with all of the available layers

• Like Like x 1
  15. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Blackpool Branches is not only the best route in the UK in my opinion but the best route in the game to date.

l am sure the next offering from Just Trains will be equally as good. Hopefully we will see it before this Christmas.

• Like Like x 3
  16. MarkCovz4761

MarkCovz4761 Well-Known Member

Blackpool Branches without doubt Just trains did a fantastic job I can't wait for there next route

• Like Like x 1
  17. ckop64

ckop64 Active Member

SEHS and MML with all of the layers. FCL is awesome but only with mods, otherwise it's empty and boring.

18. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Blackpool and Midland Mainline are my favourites and play on them the most. There are some routes I go on every now and again, WSR and SEHS as well as BML, and others I now rarely go on, WCL, Bakerloo line and TVL are the least used.

19. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

Best U.K. route: I would say Blackpool branches, probably the only route to this day where the release state I agree was a finished release state.

though I would give further recommendation’s based on route for purchasing to NTP and TVL

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  20. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

With a bit of effort, tvl and ntp could be brought to the standard of blackpool branches.

The routes itself are good and atmospheric, but still have an old timetable. New approach with more static stock and a.i services would be welcome. Also the use of all the classes. A cl.37 br blue in ntp.

With the current stock both could make it to the 5 "best" uk routes with a new timetable.

(Including a few static leftovers from the steam era like ici wagons)

**pacer?

• Like Like x 1
  21. SierraOscar95

SierraOscar95 Well-Known Member

London to Brighton is my overall favourite, although it is starting to look it's age and could do with a massive revamp to bring it upto TSW4 standards... I mean DT if you're listening, please give it the TOD4 treatment!

SouthEastern high speed is another superb route with a good level of layers that give it a really busy feel.

Blackpool Branches is an absolute superb diorama of what can be done when work is put into a route.

The one that gets left out often is Northern Transpennine which is a superb route, and good drive for those who want a bit more of a challenge. Again, can you imagine it upgraded and with TOD4? Would be like a dream...

• Like Like x 3
  22. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

as I dont have Blackpool nor Birmingham, or Cathcart... I really like London Commuter and SEHS for the amount of paths/options of routings to drive... also recently purchased MML and enjoying some relatively chill HST runs (even though recently I got careless a couple times and AWS said ... and ... and ... :D juicy words :D all beeped away lol, gone like a fart with a gust of air gone :D ) - there is just something majestic about blasting away at high speed with a very long train :)))

• Like Like x 1
  23. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

Blackpool Branches....This is by far the best UK route there is
    Brighton Mainline. With a few updates and the 700 added, this could be a classic.
    GWR....shame is isn't electrified all the way to Reading

• Like Like x 1