Accessibility Better Communication With The Community

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RobertSchulz, May 21, 2024.

1. RobertSchulz

RobertSchulz Well-Known Member

There are two very strange things happening in this Forum, which are kind of opposing, but it's just the way it happens.

Now for one side, I've never seen a company act to be as close to the players as possible (at least to some favored topics). Matt, JD, Alex, Jan an others do engage in the Forums frequently to be willing to communicate with people in the community, which is absolutely nice.

Dovetail Games is willing to give us many (and I emphasize on "many", not "all" or "enough" which of course is subjective to every individual in here) insights about the processes behind the curtains and is listening to some feedback to improve some (and I emphasize on "some", not the "ones me and other would like to have in game" which again is subjective to every individual).

And I really appreciate that. Really. Especially thanks to Matt taking his time to answering many of my questions in the last weeks.

However, and this is the other side of the coin, when actually is DTG hearing and reacting precisely to the most critizised topics in the Forums like the Price and Update Policy, New Iterations coming every new year (as it seems now), Why are features TSW4 was sold with still not in the game?, Steam Development or Upgrading/enhancing the mod capabilites (also with the PC Editor).

The Enough is Enough turned to 100 pages yesterday evening, but when are the main concerns and things people talk and complain about in this thread (and many many others in the Discussion Forum since months) finally reacted to and an official statement is provided?

It seems like DTG is picking cherries to answer questions to small little details, but what about answering those questions which actively do populate the Forums since months if not years?

I mean it's one thing to do and keep doing what you do, but it's a completely different thing to not inform or ignore people why you do follow this practice.

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 8
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Add to that the ongoing discussion about steam traction to which DTG seem reluctant to offer any further input. So yes while the interaction is appreciated one could be forgiven for thinking a certain amount of cherry picking goes on.

• Like Like x 2