Fishing Sim World Better In-game Video Tutorials For Complete Fishing Noobs?

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Wolfy, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

So i picked-up Fishing Sim World in the DTG Spring sale yesterday, just out of curiosity, as i don't know a thing about fishing but was interested in trying something new.

Struggling hard, i watched the in-game tutorials, and now know how to cast the rod.... but that's about all.

Where are the in-game video tutorials that teach you about what different lines and baits do?

What is a Bollie, and how is it different to using chopped worms or white maggots?

What is the difference between a rod that costs 1500 TP, and one that costs 7500 TP ?
    As they all look the same to me, just different colours.

I apologize if i sound ignorant here, and yes, i could go and watch endless Youtube videos to learn about the sport.... but it would be nice if DTG actually provided at least some basic tutorials for absolute beginners to the sport.

Learning by trial, error and pure luck in the meantime, and the game does seem fun so i'll stick with it. Just please make it a little bit more friendly for absolute novices like me DTG?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

You don’t fishing :)? One help: Learn more about fishing and put your new fishing experience in the game It works, because Fishing Sim World recreates a real fishing
    Hope this Helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Some rules of thumb/general tips for the game.

1)Big baits need big hooks and are more likely to catch bigger fish- Vice Versa for smaller baits. So use appropriately depending on what you're aiming for.
    2)Small baits are more likely to catch smaller species whereas boillies will be used to catch large carp and catfish generally.
    3) Rods differ in action and distance they can cast - Thats the main difference between them.
    4)Reels offer different ratio's of retrieve (One turn bring more line in than others) - So some are better for distance fishing and larger fish while some are better for smaller fish and closer range fishing.
    5)You don't need to cast 100 yards out to catch fish, quite often short range fishing is more productive.
    6) Make sure you use the right hook type against the right lake bed type (Silt, weed or Gravel)
    7) Time of day and weather type can make a difference but not massively (in my experience) - Trial and error really.
    8) Each Boss/Trophy fish tend to have a specific area they are located in at any water - A few do roam the entire water but take note of their bio and habits in their descriptions in game - It does help.

Plenty more but that should at least help for a while

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Thank you very much for the tips, i'll try them out! :)