1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackpool Tramway

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by PomPomCookie, Sep 21, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PomPomCookie

PomPomCookie Member

Blackpool Tramway
    Hello,
    I think that a great tramway in TSW would be great. Blackpool has a lovely one, which I think would be a great addition to the game.

Rolling Stock:

Flexity 2:
    [​IMG]
    The Flexity 2 is a modern low-floor tram built for Blackpool Transport by Bombardier between 2010 and 2012, as well as 2 in 2017. They would be a great train to drive, with a very short time between every stop. In total 18 were built for Blackpool Tranportation. They use standard gauge track and 600V DC overhead electrification. They are 32.23m long, and are split in to 5 articulated sections. They are 2.65m wide, and 3.42m tall. They have a top speed of 43.5mph or 70km/h. This would run Starr Gate - Fleetwood Ferry, as well as running into Blackpool North if the extension is added (as it takes around 2 years to complete a route I think this branch should be added).

Route:
    The route would use 600V overhead lines, running Fleetwood Ferry / Blackpool North - Starr Gate / Blackpool North. It would run along the road by the seaside for a lot of the route. The route has many attractions around it, and lots of things to see. A good thing to see would be Blackpool Pleasure Beach, as well as the Illuminations (possible) at the right time of year and the waves rolling in on the seaside, as well as people AI wearing swimming costumes on the beach.

Why would this route be good in TSW?
    The experience of driving alongside cars would be a great and truly unique one. It would be amazing to drive and to learn how to operate safely around trains.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. PomPomCookie

PomPomCookie Member

Hello,
    Just thinking about it it might actually be better to not include the Blackpool North branch as this isn't added yet so it would be hard to see how it would look. If it was made after the comletion of this branch, it should be added. If it is made sooner, then it would be easier to exclude the branch as it wouldn't be completed so there would be no way of knowing what it would look like.

3. PomPomCookie

PomPomCookie Member

Hello,
    Can either of you 2 people who have voted that this shouldn't be added please tell me why? If there's something wrong about my proposal I would rather know about it so I can fix it.

4. JasonARJ3125

JasonARJ3125 Active Member

I live in fleetwood, Although this i like the trams, i cant see it working on TSW, mainly because its train sim world not trams, however, i dont think at this stage that with the performance issues that console have ( not played on seen the pc versions), look at RT, a section of that route runs alongside roads but no traffic is there, im not fully against it, but at this present time i just cant see it working

5. PomPomCookie

PomPomCookie Member

Hello,
    WELL AT LEAST SOMEONE HAS RESPONDED! Yea, but if they added cars it might work? Trams are like trains so I can't see that being the only reason DTG would say no?

6. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

I don't see this working at all, the AI cars probably wouldn't function and the roads wouldn't be detailed enough. I can see where you're going with it and it would be a nice route to drive, but it just wouldn't work.

7. PomPomCookie

PomPomCookie Member

I think it could work, but only if DTG did add working cars. To be honest, what you said is true. It could be hard to get enough detail on the roads and cars could be hard. I do actually think what you've said is fair, but I still think with a bit of extra effort from DTG this route could be a reality. It might be expensive, but if DTG want to make a starting tram line they could do this. I think soon I might propose the Metrolink, though, as that would be better. The Blackpool Tramway might not be the best thing ever, but it could be possible.

8. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

I think the Blackpool Tramway would be nice in TSW. It would provide a different experience in Train Sim World. It would also use the ability to walk in the game much better. Also with all the iconic buildings and things along Blackpool Sea Front (Blackpool Tower, Pleasure Beach, 3 Piers, etc) it can show what the Unreal Engine 4 can really do in Train Sim in terms of detail and looks.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DexVinyl

DexVinyl New Member

Please add the Blackpool Trams, but not just the new trams, if this comes to TSW the heritage trams - with the requirement to get out and move the pantograph by hand using a long wooden pole surely is a must to include

10. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would rather see Preston to Blackpool North/South in TSW first. Would they even consider adding trams as this is a train game? Do they do it in TS19? Not sure. I think that once 3rd parties are allowed to develop DLC then this kind of thing may be a thing in the game.

• Like Like x 1