Blessing In Disguise

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TerryBalldriver, Nov 2, 2021.

1. TerryBalldriver

TerryBalldriver Member

I normally play TSW2 using keyboard/mouse and XBox controller via USB. I haven't played in about a week but since downloading the 313 and what ever updates there is now a huge FPS drop and stutter when I switch between controller inputs while playing. It's only brief but annoying. So last night I used XBox controller with it's immersive controls 99% of the time and actually got used to it and enjoyed this method. But has anyone else noticed this change? Or is just my PC?
    PS. I did experience this once before when TrackIR was introduced. So I ditched the TrackIR in favour of the XBox controller and it had been fine. Couldn't get on with TrackIR on TSW2 anyway.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  2. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

This has been happening as long as I can remember to be honest. It seems like it differs between routes as well. For example on one route you can use the controller to walk forward in combination with the mouse to "steer", but on other routes if you are using the controller and even touch the mouse or keyboard the game drops to 1fps until you stop using a combination of the controller and mouse/keyboard.

I also noticed that on SEHS there's about a 0.5 second stutter when you switch between controller and mouse/keyboard inputs.

It would be nice if it didn't exist on any route, but it's pretty easy to get used to not trying to use a mixture of controller and pc peripheral input.

3. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

Yes, this has been there for as long as I remember. Switching from keyboard/mouse mode to controller mode causes a stutter for a fraction of a second. If you combine the 2 modes of input in a continous use, you get pretty heavy stutter. I had to remap all of the controls to keyboard/mouse only on my Steam controller. Then I also created an alternate mode where I have only controller mappings, so this way I use only 1 method at any given moment and switch between the 2 as needed.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I think this is a similar issue to what I get when switching from TSW2 on my left monitor to anything else on my right, I can scroll up and down with the mousewheel on the other screen, but when click on or off DTG the TSW screen goes black and flashes for a brief moment before resuming

5. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I've noticed this too. If you use the windowed fullscreen option instead, it stops happening.

• Helpful Helpful x 1