PlayStation Bml Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by cmadonna1998, Oct 12, 2021.

1. cmadonna1998

cmadonna1998 Active Member

I know many audio issues exist in the game, but this in particular is immersion breaking for me, and I haven't seen anyone talk about it. In the new BML, I have noticed that the AWS sounds are way louder when using an external camera, like they are coming from outside and muffled by the cab while driving. It is very odd and quite frankly immersion breaking, as the AWS pings are way too loud using an external camera. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I was just about to create a thread about audio issues on this route on the PS5 version.

Whilst I haven't noticed any problems with loudness, I have found that many sounds are being truncated, especially in busier or more complex parts of the route.

On open stretches, all sounds play just fine but in most stations, sounds are truncated including:

Horns (you lose the fading out on either horn so it just ends abruptly)
    AWS (You lose the fading out of the ping or in some cases it doesn't sound at all)
    Vigilance alarm (Stop abruptly after a short time even before you've acknowledged it)
    Guard bell/buzzer (In larger stations, this will periodically not sound every time you press it. You'll hear the click of the button but not the actual bell on occasion)

I'm playing on PS5 but connected to a HD TV running at 1080p so am generally not experiencing the poor performance others are seeing, e.g at Victoria but I'm guessing as in the past, UE is electing not to play sounds when under more load.