Bml Train Pack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Yosh1saurus, Nov 4, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, of course!

2. Yes, if it was a bit cheaper

3. No, I'm not really interested

4. Other (leave in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yosh1saurus

Yosh1saurus Member

So the trains on the London Commuter route are pretty good, but feels like it's lacking variation in trains. This pack would sort of address it, with:
    Class 700 for Thameslink services between Norwood Junction and Brighton, and also AI at Streatham for Sutton loop trains
    Class 171 for additional London Bridge services
    Class 455 for additional Southern services
    This pack would greatly enhance the gameplay on the BML, and would cost the price of a usual route (£25, $30, 30€) to cover the development time. Any opinions on this or suggested changes should be left below.
    I do understand that this could create performance issues and to mitigate this less services should be given for Classes 171, 455 and 700.
    Hopefully you can see why and how this would vary the gameplay for this route and make it even better. Any amendments you think should be made to this, please let me know, and I'll see what I can do.
    Edit: The Class 700 could also layer onto SEHS for Rainham services

• Like Like x 2
  2. First capital connect

First capital connect Well-Known Member

I understand why some would want the 171 in bml but u think it needs its own route and then get layerd onto bml because the most you will see it do Is south croydon to norwood junction and around selhurst
    With the class 700 that comes down to Siemens license 700
    And the 455i would love to see I wouldn't mind doing service from Victoria to selhurst for west croydon/sutton and service's to east and south croydon

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent Idea and speaking of Class 700 there's a special paint for it like 700 111 NHS and 700 155 Pride.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BMW M3 GTR 2005

BMW M3 GTR 2005 Member

The 171 might only be in passenger service between East and South Croydon, but they can also be used on ECS moves from Wivelsfield to Selhurst and yes, it would need its own route, most likely the Marshlink as it’s a continuation of ECW and would be a popular route because of the coastal stretch at Bulverythe and the scenic views after Doleham through to Appledore. The others are good suggestions with the 455 substituting the 377 on Sutton, West Croydon and Dorking services

5. anarchy99

anarchy99 Well-Known Member

I welcome all 3 but that is probably an unrealistic expectation. Usually trains are released as an individual DLC not a pack, so I guess the 700 would be favourable if had to choose. It has appeared to be a popular suggestion on the forums too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the business case would be strong enough for it. Loco packs generally don't sell as well as route packs and if last-gen consoles are already unable to add extra trains to BML, having an add-on pack which only BML route owners on PC or Gen 9 consoles could use might limit the audience somewhat. Having the trains come with another new route and layer where possible seems like a better option.

• Like Like x 1