Bnsf Es44ac (cajon Pass) Needs A Update

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by trainplayer2019, Feb 1, 2021.

1. trainplayer2019

trainplayer2019 Member

so you all probably know about the Cajon pass BNSF and Union Pacific and a black owned GE ES44AC and SD40-2, these locomotives need an update a long time ago
    pictures are not mine, I just wanted the show the comparison from irl to ts
    BNSF ES44AC irl:
    [​IMG]
    BNSF ES44AC and SD40-2 in Train Simulator:
    [​IMG]
    Union Pacific ES44AC in Train Simulator:[​IMG]
    Union Pacific ES44AC irl:
    [​IMG]
    Black ES44AC in Train Simulator
    [​IMG]

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Why though? Better versions already exists, with a UP ES44AC coming with Sherman Hill and Livonia Subdivision, and other BNSF ES44's coming with Marias Pass, Stevens Pass, and Montana Hi Line.
    maxresdefault.jpg ss_01a5dfc592c9cf94304bfdee85daa35ba5332ace.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. trainplayer2019

trainplayer2019 Member

Yeah i agree the Union pacific can be a good replacement but the BNSF one that you are showing is the DC variant and yes a reskin from the DC to the AC is a bit better but technically the two are different and if you look at the irl picture you can see a ES44AC in the black and the one that you are showing doesn't have that in it and the lettering on the engine covers are broken up by the hinges

4. trainplayer2019

trainplayer2019 Member

and another thing is that the door is on the other side of the headlight aka looking at the locomotive head on, DC has the door on the left and the AC has the door on the right side on the headlight

5. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

You do know that many of the BNSF GEVOs in TS1 has actually always been the same ES44DC. No matter which BNSF route you're talking about. Except for the old BNSF pack, which does have an ES44AC included if you're talking about that add-on specifically. But remember, the Cajon Pass add-on is labeled as a TS Classic. Pretty much very old at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  6. trainplayer2019

trainplayer2019 Member

yeah i get that but i really think that the ES44AC would look a lot better with the newer skin
    when i first drove the es44ac, I went to the outside view and the paint is what disappointed me that even though the route is old and is a classic, I think that the locomotives need a new paint job to look newer thats what I am trying to get at

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

First of all, the BNSF license is US only, meaning that the chances are slim to none of any BNSF work, and slim has just left the building.

Second, I posted asking for a Cajon Pass update to connect the San Bernardino segment to the Pacific Surfliner, allowing us to travel San Diego all the way to Barstow (the route can end after the local line merge into the Surfliner, and a connection would be required in the Workshop). I did request to remove all BNSF in the update to make it more widely available. It also includes an idea for an east-west run through the Ontario area to Los Angeles, and also a local line further north (also to LA), as passenger trips. I doubt it will ever get done, but it would be much-welcomed. All ideas provide a Surfliner connection. The thread is here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/los-angeles-to-san-bernardino.33718/

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  8. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

We also need an accurate BNSF ES44C4 and ET44AC/BNSF ET44C4 models.

9. Cyclone

Go to RWA and ask them to skin one on top of an internationally available model. DTG will not likely produce and sell something because it cannot be sold worldwide. And I'd like for these BNSF skins to be available freely from people who are not trying to profit off of them, anyway.

10. trainplayer2019

trainplayer2019 Member

oh... ummm if it makes you feel better, I ONLY wanted the locomotive to be repainted to look better like Jack from Titanic, going from 3rd Class to 1st Class with a tuxedo

11. Cyclone

That's fine! They just won't do new BNSF content because they have a limited sales base with it. Nothing about how I feel. I want BNSF here in Canada myself. The City of Los Angeles train, though? That's a great idea.

12. trainplayer2019

trainplayer2019 Member

yeah I agree

13. itstypicalrailfanner16

itstypicalrailfanner16 Active Member

I agree. The ES44AC is WAY OVERDUE FOR AN UPDATE! The problem is will DTG take this into consideration or will we be waiting for a third-party developer to take matters into their own hands? The only issue with your suggestion is that I live in the US and the ES44AC and much of the Cajon Pass content isn't even seeing an overhaul here. You'd probably have to ask someone from RWA to reskin most of the content as DTG doesn't usually long to focus on content that obviously needs an overhaul.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  14. Cyclone

Interesting thread dig.

Just to be clear, my comments above were prior to the BNSF license returning. Things are slowly returning. Marias and Stevens are back, for instance.

15. itstypicalrailfanner16

itstypicalrailfanner16 Active Member

Actually, you have Steven's Pass, right? How good is it? I know this is a weird thing to even ask at the moment, but I've been trying to figure out if it's good or bad, but from the Steam Store Screenshots, I can't really tell.

16. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

Nope DTG will not update the old kuju Cajon pass es44dc model. why because any changes to model will break the game or workshop scenarios.
    but but yet they updated the kuju sd40-2 to newer model years ago and it when ok.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  17. Cyclone

To be fair, that locomotive works drastically differently than the air brake variants, and newer versions exist that utilize the air brakes, so there's not really any point to updating it. If anything, just copy the Sherman Hill one into there and put it in the scenarios. They're not Career scenarios for that train anyway.