Bnsf Region Lock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StellarBeorn, Oct 24, 2020.

1. StellarBeorn

StellarBeorn New Member

Hi guys,

this might be a re-thread of an old topic, but I have a specific question that I wasn't able to find the answer to. I currently live in Austria but I am from the US. Since I go back and fourth I am wondering that if I change my steam location to the US, along with my currency to the USD (since I have a bank account there), would I be able to purchase any BNSF routes/locmotives?

And if I can, if I were to change the region back to Europe (like a month or two later) and make another purchase with the Euro (any random route), would those BNSF routes I bought while having the region set to the US be locked? Or would I still be able to play them on my computer, even while in Europe?

Thanks for the help.

2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

If you own them and they are in your Steam library I should imagine you'd be able to install them anywhere in the world, if they are already on your PC or downloaded from 3rd party developers own sites then you definitely have access to them where ever you are.

3. StellarBeorn

StellarBeorn New Member

Okay, thanks for the info. I just dont want to spend all that money buying the routes only to find out that I cant play them if I change my account region back to Europe.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Anyone who has bought the BNSF Content has it whilst they have the game.
    I have a number of Burlington Northern, BNSF and Santa Fe items which I purchased before the region lock.

5. StellarBeorn

StellarBeorn New Member

Thanks for the info! Then when I will change my region and bank account to the US and purchase them.

6. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1