Xbox Boston Sprinter: Problems With Passenger Loading And Other Bugs...

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by cloudyskies21, Aug 27, 2021.

1. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I've been quite busy recently, so I've only just got down to actually start playing Boston Sprinter. So far I've done around four runs, a return trip to Stoughton and Readville. Some things I've come across include:

- No passenger loading at Stoughton. I arrive after the journey from Boston, as soon as I stop, no prompt to unload doors and instead goes straight to the end briefing screen. Once I return to free roam, all the passengers that were on the train had vanished.

- Another thing I've found is at the start of a journey, no passengers board the train. I always leave Boston with no one onboard. Passengers that enter the station seem to head to platforms that have no trains. Another example, loads of people were at Stoughton, but nobody got in during the passenger loading.

- On Xbox One at least, still have a problem where passengers seem to spawn too late. I arrive at a station with a few people on, however by the time I lock the doors they all turn up.

Separate bugs found:
    - If you come from a branch line like from Stoughton on Readville, if you're late by more than a minute, the dispatcher makes you wait for another train to pass. For example, I had to wait 15mins for a Providence service to pass, same again for Readville.
    - No tail lights on the cab cars on some occasions.

Not bugs, but other observations:
    - I had the intention that dioramas were suppose to show up sporadically, with different situations. However, they all seem to be the same i.e. workman, and show up nearly every time in the same place.
    - Repetitive background noise at large stations.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

idk, I think this is part of the rush hour update. the entire thing is packaged as this "you better stay on time or there will be delays" sort of thing, though I could be wrong. Had the same thing happen to me and actually enjoyed it as it provides some variation to the gameplay. I don't wanna play a service and have the same exact outcome every single time. Would be too predictable. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

100% agree with you that service variety is key. Other than timetable mode on Rush Hour, it's why I play mostly using Scenario Planner, so I can have lots of different variety.
    Though, with Boston Sprinter, it must be some kind of bug with the dispatcher, I'm all for having a different experience, although can be frustrating to wait for another train in which I'm 10-15 mins in front with clear track ahead.