PC Boston Sprunter, Bug In Depot Service #66 Departure 08:14

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Rudolf, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Amtrak service North east regional #66, departure 08:14 from Boston South should end at a depot track. Unfortunately this track is inside a shed and causes the train to derail. The shed is not prepared to receive trains, doors are not working and the inside of the shed is not modelled, so it has no walls. This issue is of the kind did any one take the trouble to test it? The upper image shows the map, the lower image shows the stopping point, which clearly is inside the shed.

20210830222820_1.jpg 20210830222942_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

Well I just hit this one today - it's one of the Rail Journeys for Boston Sprinter, so completion isn't possible while this is as it is.

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

There is a workround... You need to find a route through an unoccupied track in the yard to the headshunt (off the bottom of the diagram in the screenshot above), then reverse into the shed on the nominated track. You still have to push the train through a closed door but this one has no collision detection and lets it pass through.

However it is little short of diabolical that this has never been fixed, there is at least one other thread reporting it. Either the collision detection on the building needs sorting or the door actually opens for you, or guidance needs to be changed to use the workaround. When you get inside the maintenance shed it is appalling modelled, most of the interior faces on the structure have been removed so you can just see the outside world.

This is one of several scenarios affecting Journey Mode completion on various routes which DTG perpetually ignore. Should have been thrown back to the route builder or scenario creator to address, or if not removed from the DLC. It's precisely this sort of sloppiness and lackadaisical response which has many of us up in arms at what appears to be the forthcoming 20% price hike in DLC.

DTG Alex comment welcomed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Still not fixed? Once again you can see how much we customers are worth to DTG...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming it's just not a priority to dtg at the moment so we'll just have to keep on waiting if it happens, if at all. They are focused on other core issues and maybe we'll see if this gets fixed. There are scenarios that are still unable to be finished since they've launched in tsw2, or tsw2020 or whatever. Only thing we can do is wait and hope.

6. HughSim

HughSim New Member

It's 2023 and the bug still hasn't been fixed... DTG, are there any plans to fix this bug in the next Northeast Corridor: Boston - Providence route's update? Come on, it's such a long time to wait for a fix!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Hopefully it will be fixed in the coming update.

8. Janosch Flemming

Janosch Flemming New Member

This bug has been there since release 1.5 years ago (and was well known and reported repeatedly) and makes completing journey mode impossible without an unreasonable amount of messing around. That something like this was in the release version at all is embarassing as you would assume they'd playtest at least the services in journey mode...
    It's gonna be interesting if this will at least be fixed in the updated version releasing on Feb 21st. If not I don't know what to believe anymore.

• Like Like x 4
  9. sequencer2k16

Is this service FINALLY fixed with today's patch or has Boston Sprinter still not made enough money to fix #66?

10. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, so I assume they did not fix this at all.

11. sequencer2k16

Another missed chance to tick something off, instead of finally fixing such an ancient bug, it continues to be ignored.
    And this despite the fact that the route has just been revised, wow, simply wow.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

is pump and on to the next...... same thing will happen with NEC NY-Trenton.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Can you imagine the number of bugs that route will have, considering they couldn't even finish the timetable properly? Imagine the rush...

14. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I can. I was so excited when they finally revealed the route, and now I'm just over it. There's no way as much as I want to , I can't support this. If after all this we don't make the stand, then the US content will always lag behind the UK and German content. Is just unacceptable and they know it. As I said before, too many red flags, too many excuses, and even after all that they can't even commit on fixing it. Not sure how much bolder can they get with it.

15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Pretty poor show if this is the case. All it needed was either the routing changed to follow the workround, or the collision detection at the front of the building. And in either case redo the carriage shed so the walls inside actually have solid faces and textures, not transparent to the outside world. Are things really locked down so much due to "baking" that simple fixes such as those required here cannot be easily accomplished?

16. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

An easier solution should be to remove it from the Journey. They removed it from the timetable before it originally released because of the bug, but forgot to remove it from the Journey.

17. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

I've just finished it:

[​IMG]
    geo plotter

After the loop, when you approach the 'Go Via Location' part, the light changes from red to amber. That's when you have to set some points/switches manually. It didn't take me to any sheds on the other hand. Not sure what I did right, or wrong? :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. sequencer2k16

There are two #66 services, we are talking about the one that starts at 8:14 (not 8:26) and ends at the depot.

19. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Well, I don’t know if the depot issue was fixed or not, because some MBTA train RUDELY plowed into the side of my own train, derailing it. Though it appears that kurtosizm did the work for us, showing that the service does indeed finish up at the Amtrak Runner. The AI takes over after that and heads off the map.

Though as I was watching that train leave, the MBTA train that derailed me before returned, and it provided a very... interesting sight.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. ChaseYUL99

ChaseYUL99 New Member

Wating for the baby train in 9 months XD

• Like Like x 2
  21. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

This is strange. in the past I did the one in the journey three times and I kept encountering the problem. However, when I tried it today it worked.

22. Janosch Flemming

Janosch Flemming New Member

They "fixed" the #66 service that is part of the journey mode (Matt said so in the NEC preview stream) and I tried yesterday and it is indeed now completable. They just cut the service short and it now ends in the middle of the yard before where you would previously be told to go into the shed.

• Like Like x 2