PlayStation Br 101, Ic 2421 Service, Signalling Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by airbustwo#3609, Apr 24, 2021.

1. airbustwo#3609

airbustwo#3609 New Member

Hi there,

I've noticed this on several IC services now with BR 101 on HRR, but just tracked the problem now with the IC 2421 service Essen - Duisburg....

at 6 km left to Duisburg HBF the signal drops from green to red, with no yellow signal in-between, the trains goes with 140 km/h at this point and you have only 500 m left to the red signal so no chance to stop the train... and the train service fails :-(

This can get frustrating very fast, it happens on other service here too.

Playing on a PS5 with safety features off like SIFA,PZB,LZB.

Thanks for investigation and help :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. adam.fisher6912

adam.fisher6912 Member

3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That‘s prototypical. The green/yellow aspect indicating a 40 km/h speed limit is not supposed to be used as a warning of an upcoming red. It is sometimes used that way in real life, but 95% of the time, the only warning you get of an upcoming red is the double yellow distant signal. The reason for that is that other than North America and UK, the German signaling system only gives you information about the next block. If we compare that to the UK and assume that double amber signals are used, then a double amber signal gives you information about the next two blocks, which the German system isn‘t designed to do.

Was this what you meant? If I misread your question and it‘s really about a shunting signal (the smaller ones showing white lights for green), then the only thing that‘ll help you is to learn the German signaling system and read the signals yourself instead of relying on the HUD.

4. Glazier

Glazier Member

Yeah, 101 services has quite many of this moments - you get a green distant signal, but the main around the corner turns out to be yellow, you hit emergency break but SPAD anyway.

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

There does seem to be something a miss. I never remember having to brake so hard on other German routes. I haven’t played the German routes much in a while until the 101 came out, so I might be remembering things differently.

6. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

That is prototypical. Make sure you pay attention to signals, basically if any part of the signal is yellow, expect the next approaching signal to be red. You may pass a signal that has two yellow lights, which may just show as green on the HUD, which also means the next signal is red. You may or may not already be aware that Matt did do a signalling tutorial which explains German signalling, not necessarily with safety systems on.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lamplight

I think it‘s the speed. HRR is one of the fastest German routes in game (apart from LZB routes SKA and HMA) as your train routinely hits 160 km/h. All other routes for the most part stay in a ~120km/h range giving you a lot more time to react and brake gently.

• Like Like x 1
  8. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Just done it and arrived in time. Probably you miss the distant yellow-yellow signal. As soon as you see it put the brake to 4/5 and start to brake the train. You have ~1km + 250m if you see it immediatly. Also you need to run with the safety system because the pzb will immediatly apply the emergency brake because you miss to acknowledge the distant signal. The you have to wait ~2 minutes for a freight that come into yard and than you can depart again. Everything work perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  9. airbustwo#3609

airbustwo#3609 New Member

maybe I was not clear, don't meant the signalling itself, more what signal is displayed on the HUD, and that is wrong... I mean not everyone is a signal or safety expert from the start ;-)

10. Lamplight

If I remember the spot you're talking about correctly, the HUD is showing you the shunting signal[​IMG]
    This happens a lot on German routes. You'll need to learn the German signalling system to avoid this from happening. :)