Br 101 On München-augsburg

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Higgybaby90, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

Hello,
    I already mentioned it several times in other threads, but to make more obvious for DTG I thought I do this extra thread just for it:
    The BR 101 is already "announced" on the roadmap. Since it is THE IC loco I guess it will come together with the IC single decker cars. But what I don't need to guess (since you wrote it on the roadmao) is the route you are planning to bring this train for: Köln-Aachen.

But on Köln-Aachen NO IC trains do run in real life (or any other train I know with a BR 101) on regular basis. Since you already said you make timetables based from DB schedule (probably the "Kursbuch"), please have a lok at it and you will notice that.

Instead why not make the BR 101 for München-Augsburg? Here we have several IC trains during the day (about one per hour). Just like on Köln-Aachen you can use the PZB and the LZB on this route too, but without the need to go into fictional services.
    Additional some ICs also get parked, cleaned and maintained in München Depot (often without their BR 101 mainline loco, instead using a BR 363 for shunting them around).

The BR 101 is still in planning on the roadmap, so plenty of time to decide (hopefully for the more real thing)

• Like Like x 15
  2. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

My assumption was that the BR 101 was gonna be a freight loco to serve as a TSW2 native alternative to the old MSB freight locos. To be curious are they particular common as freight engines in the Köln-Aachen area in real life?

3. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I'd rather see it on a route it drives on IRL too, but München-Augsburgs already has too many services for consoles to handle which might be a problem.

4. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

5. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

I'm assuming, that the DLC will add the loco and cars to at least every german route since TSW2 launch like it did when new DLC's for TSW2020 were released, remember?
    When the BR 155 was released for example, it was added to every service mode of german routes except Rapid Transit (but that was the case with every loco).

So it doesn't matter to which route it will be added, as long as it will be available for every other route. Same with the BR 182 in MRCE livery. Just because it will be developed for Hamburg-Lübeck, surely doesn't mean, that it's exclusive for this since it's been used everywhere in germany.

But that's only my guess. I could be wrong.

That wouldn't make any sense since this isn't a loco used for freight anywhere. It's mainly use is at one end of the IC (1st Gen).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Köln-Aachen ain't any better in that respect, there's already quite a few with Main-Spessart Bahn, Rhein-Ruhr Osten will add another set of layers to it as well. To me it seems unlikely that layer was the reason for picking München-Augsburg.

7. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

I don't think the BR 155 is a good example here, yes it does appear on all German routes, but only substituting into already existing freight trains from the route DLC. It did not add any new services with coal cars (except of RSN of course).
    The BR 101 could not substitute into any german route, since we don't have IC trains anywhere yet. These trains would need a new set of layered services for that. And until today all we ever got was new layers on the route the loco was released for (BR 155 on RSN, BR 182 on RT,...) and not on any other route.
    So if DTG will follow their standard procedure until today, the BR 101 DLC would be: some scenarios for Köln-Aachen and new services on Köln-Aachen, and maybe (but I hope they won't) BR 101 substitution on other routes for freight or RE (both would be unrealistic)

• Like Like x 1
  8. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Germany has so many lines in the game, why can't they be strung together to form longer lines?

Develop individual lines section by section? Can't it expand?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  9. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

You could certainly do that, but you gotta factor you're gonna have one of two major problems depending on what you do.

1: It needs a base DLC to function, so that limits the customer base considerably, every expansion you make is gonna have less potential customers.

2: You make it where each one has standalone and expanded versions, obviously solves the former problem. But now you have to spend considerable dev time making multiple versions of the route. Think about how big the timetables are on German routes, you now have to check two or more versions of that timetable to make sure things are working. Also said services on the merged route are gonna be longer, and they're also gonna have services from the other route that you also need to bug test on the merged version.

There's also other things to think about, these routes are being made at different times, a two or three year old German route's gonna use a different timetable than the current route does as they change all the time. So they might not go well together without completely redoing the older section's timetable.

Also the longer you make it the less people are gonna be able to seat down and play it in one sitting. There's people that have issues with Sand Patch or Peninsula due to timetable lengths for example. So at some point there's a limit where you technically could merge it into a bigger route, but practically so many people aren't gonna want to play the super long services that it just ain't worth it.

I understand why people want extensions, personally I want them to make longer routes as well, but you can easily understand the difficulties around them. With them in mind I'd rather see them make new routes that from the beginning are already pretty long like the aforementioned Peninsula Corridor.