Br 101

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Played the tutorial and one service in the BR 101 so far. And immediately noticed:
    1. The train wheel slips like mad.
    2. The train defaults to tail lights being on in service mode.
    3. The ‘Express Service’ trophy for reaching a speed of 101 km/h hasn’t been awarded (see update in Post #2)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The ‘Express Service’ trophy has now popped. It may have popped when I thought it hadn’t, it just hadn’t updated in the trophy list. Once synced, it appeared.

3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

might want to edit now this?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t know if it’s meant too, but AFB on a steep incline doesn’t hold the speed at the level set. AFB does hold the speed very well on the 146, 185 and 182, but not on the 143 so not sure if this typical or not.

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The train sounds very good, the traction, braking, horn and door bong are all very nice.

6. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Only 30 services or so on one route- huge turn off. At nearly $1cdn/service, this DLC is terrible terrible value.

Also, the gold trophy target of driving 101km is lousy, that’s about 3-4 services to complete. Please make the gold achievement loftier, like drive 1010kms

7. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

If you want to go financial on this, it is 46 cents per service to me, but let me tell you that DTG doesn't set their prices with €/service or $/mile or whatever you will come up with. The price is set over the work that it takes to develope a loco/train.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

I've noticed the wheel slip too. Overall it's still a cool loco. Just wish it had services for the other German routes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Decided to post here as the other 101 is now a debate about non platform posts yawn haha.

thank you for the positive comments, decided to take the plunge and it’s a pretty cool DLC in my eyes.

The door gong makes the train worth its price alone :cool:

as for the wheel slip no more gunning it out the station for me, clearly a weighty beast.

Lastly love this little route for quick runs, picked up during the last sale. Really enjoy parallel running of other trains.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Very good model, but it desperately needs a longer route. It's like a Ferrari in a traffic jam.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

you’ll be able to use the 101 on hamburg lübeck
    Which I imagine isn’t too far away now.

12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And via Scenario Planner on SKA and HMA.

• Like Like x 1
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t think it warrants a second ‘terrible’, and there have been worse value loco DLC in the past. The Class 33 and Class 52 DLC for WSR came with no extra services, just subbing in for the existing handful of services the existing trains run on that route, plus the 3 scenarios for each one. Unlike those DLC, this one is likely to get more use in the future too with layers on German routes that come later. It’s not quite a DLC for me to buy at the moment due to the limited use and short services but when it gets more uses it will be a certain purchase, by which time it may be quite heavily discounted as well.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Out of interest, does anyone know what the German speaker says, and what it means, in the BR101 when you are about to stop at a station? Sometimes makes me jump when I have the headset on ;-)

15. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Something along the lines of "Doors unlocked".

• Like Like x 1