PlayStation Br 146.2 Sounds Didnt Change

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Br425, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

The update changelog said that the sound of the BR 146.2 was fixed. For me, nothing changed though. The other fixes work but the 146.2 still sounds like before the update...

• Like Like x 1
  2. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

Can confirm it's exactly the same with me

3. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Then you'd better read the changelog again, as it never intended to fix the sound issue of the 146.2 and it is to be expected to still sound the way it did before.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Could you tell me what exactly this means then:

• Adjusted the DB BR 185/2 and DB BR 146/2 traction audio cues to remove artefacts in the sample looping.
    (Taken from the 3rd November update thread)

• Like Like x 1
  5. mclitke

It means that unintentional and unwanted sounds that occurred while looping a sound have been adjusted. There is not a single word that mentions the rebalancing and remixing of different sound layers, which is the basic issue of most of preserved collection train sounds.

You all see a train number and "audio" mentioned and expect everything to be fixed instead of actually reading what has been done. This is why I said read it again.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  6. Lamplight

No need to be so aggressive. I didn‘t expect anything. But since you seemed knowledgable about this issue and I didn‘t understand what the patch notes actually mean I thought you could clarify this issue, which you did. So thanks for that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mclitke

Sorry for my aggressive tone, I really don't mean it but my writing often sounds aggressive especially in cases like this, and I have noticed it myself and will try to express myself more calmly in the future.

As a matter of fact though I am not really that knowledgeable when it comes to coding or programming. Actually I Googled what an "artefact in sound coding" is because when the patch was announced I felt like that was not the longed for sound fix that we all were hoping for. I just knew from the streams they did that the issue is an underlying mixing of sound levels and I did not find any wording of that in the patch notes that would fit.

Again, sorry for my harsh tone.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lamplight

No problem, no harm done:)

And thank you for your explanation anyway. It never occured to me to actually google what it means for some reason. But it‘s always interesting to learn a bit more.