Br 442 Does Not Release Brake Pressure

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by torben, Oct 11, 2021.

1. torben

torben New Member

I have stopped at Horrem in a normal way, saved my game, loaded it up again, closed the doors, released all brakes but the brake pressure will not reach normal levels and thus not let me go.
    PZB and Sifa safety systems are on but don't show any signs of error, no audible warning, 85 and PZB indicators are lit.
    Master switch, reverser and pantograph are correct as I was just going normally and nothing special happened.
    Brake systems are at BC: 2.2, MR: 8.9, BP: 5.0 and do not settle on any other value aside from emergency brake.

What do I do?

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Getting some of the German trains to move is a dark art worthy of Harry Potter and Hogwarts. I’m not normally one for on screen tool tips, but in this case I would swallow my pride and take the assist.

3. torben

torben New Member

I am not quite sure what exactly you mean by on screen tooltips.
    Here is a screenshot of what I am looking at in case that helps.
    Screenshot 2021-10-11 101035.png

Using the cruise control, I can get going and BC down to 0 but I still have that red indicator and also that can't be the solution

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

By tool tips I mean on screen prompt if you're struggling. I couldn't even get the 442 to move at the origin station.

5. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

It looks like you might need to raise the pantograph and close the MCB again. Thr game still is really buggy when you load up a saved game.

6. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Is the 'T' symbol below the SIFA indicator on the centre panel flashing (screenshot could have caught it in-between flashes)? That means the train hasn't registered the doors being shut so won't release the brakes, I've had issues with that after loading save-games at stations.

7. Speedster

Speedster Active Member

The doors aren't showing open on the HUD. The left MFD shows no train power, as previous poster suggested, raise pantograph and close MCB.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hiro Protagonist

From memory when the issue happened to me the HUD indicators worked fine (they showed the doors open and shut properly) but the dashboard indicator didn't, which was what was holding up the ability to apply power.

Was a while ago though, and on SKA (might have been MSB actually, can't recall if it was a Dosto or Talent).

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  9. torben

torben New Member

It is probably something wrong with the doors. There is no dashboard indicator whatsoever, even when opening and closing the doors, the HUD indicator seems to work fine. But I can also not open the right side doors from the cap, pressing the button does not do anything.

Lowering and raising the pantograph and opening and closing the pantograph sircuit breaker does not help

10. dimitriskiriakou82

dimitriskiriakou82 New Member

I had the same exact problem. So I did that and the train got the power:

1. Set throttle/brake to 0.
    2. Set the master switch to off.
    3. Set reverser to normal.
    4. Set the master switch to on.
    5. Set the pantograph height to lower.
    6. Set the pantograph circuit breaker to open.
    7. If the loading passenger's procedure ended, close the doors (if passengers already boarded on the train start with closing the doors first). 8. Set the pantograph height to raise.
    9. Set the pantograph circuit breaker to closed. 10. Set the reverser to forward.

Also, I upload a video on Youtube for visual representation. ()

• Like Like x 1
  11. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

See the red square round your “ - “, that’s why you’re not moving. It means a traction lock is on. Switch throttle to off, make sure brakes fully released and carry on. If there is a brake key, enable it.

12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There is a difference between "0 power" and "Throttle off." Only the latter will re-engage the throttle.

However, I agree that what happened is that by reloading a save (never, ever do that!) you took the train power off line.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  13. dimitriskiriakou82

dimitriskiriakou82 New Member

How I set the throttle to off in a br442?

14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Put the controller in the dead-center position, neither power nor brake. The popup should say "off."

15. Hiro Protagonist

It's just one position past "0"

ie "10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0-OFF"