PC Br Class 101 No Longer Selectable On Wcl?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TimTri, Jan 15, 2023.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Can’t believe nobody has noticed it until now, but the 101 no longer appears as a substitution for the Class 150 on West Cornwall Local since the latest update. It’s gone from the loco selection and I haven’t seen it out and about in timetable mode either.

This may have happened for technical reasons (e.g. 101 broke the timetable because it was too slow) or realism (have seen lots of complaints about it on this route), but it certainly hasn’t appeared in the patch notes.

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'm on steam and just checked and I am able to select the 101 from the timetable. Have you got gwb installed?

3. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I have NTP and the Heavy Freight Pack installed and have access to the entire layer, except the 101. I do not believe GWB is required for any layers on this route.
    Should probably note I’m on PS4 (as usual treating the PC forum as a general discussion, thank god they’re combining them soon), but I’ve noticed the missing 101 in footage from others as well (unfortunately unable to find a link, but it was a conversation on the forums shortly after the first patch of the year was released). Seems like it’s a platform-specific change again, just like last time around when they accidentally added PIS on PS4 only.

4. rennekton#1349

Yea, I noticed the 101 option it gives me is gwb which is odd since I also have the other ntp locomotives.

5. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I see the 101 on WCL in PS4. But she´s clearly from GWB, not from NTP or TVL.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Maybe they changed which 101 DLC it uses in their update?

7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

8. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I sure hope Rivet and DTG take a look at that because - as people in the thread you linked correctly figured out - players who don’t own Diesel Legends actually got the layer taken away from them.

9. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

If they had removed it for realism I would love to know what their excuse for the class 40 appearing was!

I wonder if they swapped it for the diesel legends one as it is numbered (presumably) with W (western region) prefix numbers rather than the eastern region ones?

They could in theory have appeared on the St. Ives branch around the time as Laira had a couple knocking around, after the withdrawal of the majority of their DMU fleet in 1992. They almost certainly would't have been seen on the mainline by then unless there was an emergency as only a handful were retained for a couple of the branch lines, St. Ives and Looe if I recall correctly.

10. ARuscoe

I think the issue is more "If they removed it, where is the changelog / update / patch notes telling people about the change"

I don't like it when companies force changes on people which require additional content to be bought. AP did this when I played TSC and it irked me then, and it irks me now

11. theorganist

I don't disagree, they should have informed people of the change or maybe got feedback about it first.

Although personally for me the layers are a bain rather than an advantage, they make the route less realistic not more.

12. ARuscoe

Whilst I agree on that, the point is that they had something in place which added to the gameplay and have removed or replaced that value with something else without telling anyone or indeed giving them a choice

We could discuss "realism" vs gameplay til the cows come home...

13. theorganist

I understand why the added them, even if I disagree with it. And I agree they shouldn't really have just removed them although they will argue you haven't really lost anything as you don't pay for the layers.

14. ARuscoe

Agreed, but if something is there and they change it they should tell people. Saves confusion and irritation

• Like Like x 3
  15. rennekton#1349

The subs and layers are still much better anyway. The 150 was released in a really poor condition that took over a year to fix but still not in the best state out there.

• Like Like x 1