Br Heavy Freight Pack,mix Trains?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, May 24, 2019.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

In many of tsw routes with multi type of freight cars some of the trains are mixed cargo trains,so do you think we might see boxcar and tankcar mixed trains in this add on or will each type of freight only get hauled sperately?I ask because pitcures suggest each type shown get there own train,which is totally fine,but mixeds train would be nice to.

2. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Since on the US routes we have mixed freight, surely this will come on the UK routes where it makes sense. Also one the editor is released, you will be able to make your own consists.

3. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I might be wrong but the TEA is air braked (the A at the end means Air) and the van is probably vacuum braked so they are not compatible unless the van is through piped and you can run partially fitted services. Doubt that though.

4. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Isn't edtior only on pc versions,i'm on xbox version.

5. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Yes the editor will only be for PC. Not sure of the sharing of customer made scenarios can be made cross platform or not. But one of the biggest draws for me for TS2019 is the workshop content, so I am looking forward to the same for TSW. Would be great if a method could be devised to share the workshop items across the different platforms.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

UK mixed freight trains largely stopped in the 1970's, and you very rarely see them today on the mainline.

With the arrival of HEA / MGR "Merry Go Round" hoppers, and other standardised wagons, such as TEA tankers, presflow, cargoferry wagons and conflats, there is no need for mixed freight trains to exist any more.

Remember that the UK is not a massive country, so most trains here take only one type of item to a single destination. We don't have huge mile-long trains delivering many different items to different places like you have in the USA.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  7. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member