Br187 Db From Aachen To Ehrenfeld Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by thundergaming11, Oct 14, 2021.

1. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a bug so I thought I'd bring it to discuss for now. The start of this scenario warns you about keeping an eye out for signals because you'll be driving in rush hour. The description even says "It is rush hour and there is a lot of traffic" and in game it says you're following an S-bahn service. Yet having played through this I've not come across any adverse signals apart from stopping at Koln Ehrenfeld. This made the whole scenario pretty dull because it was simply go from A to B non stop, as well as the gloomy dark weather that the scenario is set in. No coupling or shunting etc. Very little in the way of AI traffic despite being told I'm driving in rush hour and the difficulty for this scenario is supposedly medium. Pretty poor scenario all round.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I don't have this DLC but I can understand your frustration because in general, most of the scenarios of all the routes are quite simple and very uninspired. There is the odd exception, but most of them are going from A to B like in any service but even worse because the scenarios don't have the layers activated so they have less traffic and variety.
    Very disappointing, I wish the developers would work more on this area and give us fun scenarios with instructions and situations that are out of the ordinary.

• Like Like x 3
  3. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

How can you get into traffic, when the max speed, if you turn safety system ON is 55

Any traffic that might have been on the track when you leave the starting point, is gone, had souper, and has been in bad for hours

4. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

The max speed is not 55. You’ve misunderstood how PZB works. In the lowest setting, the maximum permitted speed is still 100kmh. The heaviest trains usually further decrease this to 90 kmh because that’s the maximum speed of some wagons.

the 55 kmh limit of PZB mode U only comes into play when encountering a yellow signal, signal with speed restriction, or line speed reduction. You then have an x amount of second to slow down to 55 kmh or lower depending on what you encounter.

5. rat7_mobile

Well there is a blue light in both the dashboard and the HUD which is lit and shows 55, when an indicator is lit which shows something like this, it means you are limited to this speed

6. Haribo112

No dude. It means your train is operating in PZB U setting. There is a button somewhere in the locomotive that allows you to change this setting. For example, a medium size freight train would be set to mode M (indicator will show 70) and a passenger train will be set to mode O (indicator will show 85). But again; these number only come into play when encountering yellow signals or speed reductions.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rat7_mobile

I have notice that, in the passenger train, with the safety system ON, the speed is limited to 85
    I never saw the 70, except when the light is flashing between 85 and 70, never understood what that mean so I limit no faster than 20 as it seems to be a dangerous or tricky area to drive in as the speed limit is changing faster than it is possible to do

8. facundo.dim

facundo.dim Active Member

This is wrong. You can learn how PZB and LZB works, German signalling too, here's the link:

At 20:00 min mark, he starts the PZB expanation. But you have to know the signalling in order to understand it. If you don't understand the signalling, just watch from the beginning.

9. rat7_mobile

Video are not instructions, and video cost money to watch on the internet where i am

• Like Like x 1
  10. rat7_mobile

I have done this scenario twice already, and it does not get mark as done in steam, the accomplishment does not show as done

11. facundo.dim

facundo.dim Active Member

I'm not entirely sure, but I think I've read somewhere that by changing the language of the game to English (assuming you play it in another language), achievements can be completed.

12. rat7_mobile

I am in Canada, therefoe it is in English, but thank for the tip, it may help others

13. thundergaming11

I didn't use any safety systems, I followed the line speed limits. All the lights were green.

14. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

rat7_mobile Here is a website where you can learn a lot about PZB, without videos. If you read all 4 parts I don't think you will be left in any doubt. And you will enjoy driving much more with this safety system on.
    http://www.sh1.org/eisenbahn/rindusi.htm

15. rat7_mobile

Thanks I do know how to use PZB, all you have todo id press the PAGE DWON at everything that is on the side of the track
    Sometime the system does not think you did it right (may be did not do it right ;-) ), and then you have to get a yellow light and then you have to press 1000/sec, or a red light and then it is 500/sec
    And it will also get you to stop with an white S with red background, and a voice saying some geberish

If you get the white S, then you either have wait a while to be able to get going again, as all the power is cut from the train, or you restart and hope to avoid the trap that got you the white S

16. Haribo112

Line limits far exceed the max speed of a freight train. I believe SKA allows you to go up to 230 kmh. A freight train shouldn’t do more than 120 kmh. If you followed line speed you probably were way too fast causing you to miss all the action.

17. Haribo112

This whole explanation just proves to me that you don’t understand a single thing about PZB. Which is fine, btw.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rat7_mobile

tell me then, I just read the link you sent, and it is eactly what I have been doing

19. thundergaming11

Nope, the scenario states I'm following another service in front of me, but there isn't. I've also noticed some AI trains not moving and stopped at permanent Red signals so I'm guessing this might be a bug.

• Like Like x 2
  20. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I guess this isn't serious and you're trolling, right?
    IMG_20211015_210344.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  21. Johan H

Johan H New Member

Priceless

22. rat7_mobile

Actually it is the way it was explained to me and it it the way it works in the game too

23. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

rat7_mobile, I would suggest you forget everything you think to know about PZB and start fresh using the link provided by erg73. http://www.sh1.org/eisenbahn/rindusi.htm
    There are so many misconceptions in your explanation that it‘s not worth trying to go into more detail in this thread.

24. rat7_mobile

I read the document, and there is not much about how it works in the game. That document is not even about PZB, it is about INDUSI

25. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

PZB is just the new name for INDUSI. The operations remain the same. Part 1&2 explain how the system works, Part 3&4 explain what you need to do as a driver. If you need more help, you should start a new thread - this one has already gone way off-topic.

26. rat7_mobile

I do not need help with the PZB, all there is to do is to tap the PAGE DOWN for every sign and light on the side of the track to show thrain that you saw it was there, if you do not then the train will stop, and you can not go any faster that 85 for pasenger and apprarently 55 for cargo

27. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Well at a basic level you are almost there except you do not have to acknowledge/Pg Dn every single trackside sign and light....only speed reductions below 90 or 100km/h (depending on route) and adverse signals. The 85 and 55 are not the permitted maximum speeds: PZB-O is 165km/h and the 85km/h limit only comes into affect after activating the 1000Hz magnet for one of the instances above. The 2 freight modes (70 and 55) have max speed limits of 125km/h & 105km/h respectively. The 70 (PZB-M) and 55 (PZB-U) are just the restricted speeds under 1000Hz

I know you said you have to pay to watch videos but maybe budget some $ to watch Matt's PZB tutorial video at some point as it would be very useful for you

28. rat7_mobile

If we are to beleive the link provided above, the magnet are on the train, but in the game there is no switch to activate/deactivate them, so how then would one activate them.
    According to the same link, the magnet on the train are there to provide the power for the signal to work

29. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The magnets are always active but you can disable/enable the pzb safety systems in-cab....other than this, i'm not sure what else you mean.

When I said above "the 85km/h limit only comes into affect after activating the 1000Hz magnet" I meant when the 1000Hz magnet on the track activates the alert in cab and on the HUD....when this happens; reduce speed to 85km/h (in pzb mode O).

The HUD alert & lamp on the dashboard only illuminate once you acknowkledge after passing over the magnet. Again you really need to watch Matt's video I linked above; it's alot easier to watch it all in action than explaining it here or reading documents

30. rat7_mobile

I am sorry, but your last paragraph is false, the light on the dashboard and the HUS are always lit, once the CTRL+ENTER is press for the ZPB, only the brake and geberish is coming up at some point when the PAGE DOWN was not done correctly

31. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

It is not false. I am referring to the 1000Hz light on the dash and on the HUD, they only illimuninate after acknowledging. If you fail to acknowledge the adverse signal or speed reduction within the required timeframe/distance then you will get hit with the penalty brakes. If you are referring to the '85' as always lit; then yes that is correct if PZB is turned on in the cab

Anyway this is going off-topic enough as it is....links and videos have been provided to you. If you wish to continue this conversation, create a new pzb help thread please.

• Like Like x 2