Br193 Vectron

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BrucoGianluco05, May 30, 2019.

1. [​IMG]
    Vectron is a loco used from many companies like DB, Mercitalia, OBB and others. It was launched in 2011 and it can be diesel or electric (a solution for the non-electrified track in RSN/MSB). It has a cruise speed of 200 km/h for the E193 and 160 km/h for the E191. It can use every tipe of electrification. It has got also an US version that can be used on the NEC route.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

3. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I just gotta be that guy and point out that this isn't true at all. The EuroSprinter, its predecessor, was the one to have a US variant, and that's already in the game- it's the ACS-64.
    But yeah, the Vectron is a nice idea! It would fit well enough on MSB and RSN, and it could come with container wagons, too. If DTG ever feels the need to make another German 3lectric freight loco DLC, this is a very good choice.

Some people will complain about more German stuff, but unless this isn't already underway, it would still be a while until we see this, so there's plenty of time for other content. Once everything else is caught up a bit, I don't see a problem with more content, you know?

I don't see why they couldn't get permission, Siemens let them make Eurosprinter family locomotives, right? Same company, and it isn't like the Eurosprinters were built that long ago, so they're certainly open to licenses for newer stuff.

(BRD, I'm sure you'd approve of this suggestion!)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

DTG have an extremely weird logic.

They will say that some mass produced locomotives, where 100+ examples were built, are too hard to get licensing or accurate sounds for (BR class 60 for example), and in the next breath, they manage to release a one-off prototype, where sounds are impossible to create as said unit can not move under it's own power (BR Class 370 APT).

I completely gave-up trying to understand DTG years ago.

Then again, everybody should be thankful when DTG do not release their favourite train, as third-parties often create much better models. (Armstrong Powerhouse BR class 37 for TS20xx, makes DTG's class 37 for TSW look like a lazily banged-out joke, even though TSW is supposed to be the more capable game).

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Thing is, not may people can say that the sounds are utter tosh if they don't know what it sounds like in detail anyway. Most people who drove or traveled on an APT won't remember specific sounds and the only recordings we have are on betamax!

Slightly different for a class 66 which anyone can go and stand next to at Nuneaton station on a wet Wednesday

• Like Like x 2