Bradford Interchange To York

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lil jj, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

in my opinion train sim world 2 needs a British northern route set in the present day. that's why i am suggesting Bradford interchange to York. the main station [the one where most services come from and start [and maybe where the route intro could be] will be Leeds station. The route goes through lots of countryside while at a top speed of 100mph [I am not certain but a bit before York it goes to 125 mph]. The route is around 40-45 miles long.
    stations [from west to east]
    Bradford interchange,
    new Pudsey,
    Bramley,
    Leeds,
    Crossgates,
    Garforth,
    East Garforth,
    Micklesfield,
    Church Fenton,
    York.
    depots
    Holbeck depot,
    Neville Hill depot,
    [don't know what it is called] the one near york station.

pictures of key things
    upload_2022-4-6_12-57-59.jpeg Companthorpe village with the countryside near York station.
    upload_2022-4-6_12-59-15.jpeg Bradford interchange.
    upload_2022-4-6_13-0-10.jpeg Leeds station.
    upload_2022-4-6_13-1-6.jpeg York station.
    upload_2022-4-6_13-1-45.jpeg York station along with the depot and the surrounding area.
    rolling stock
    https://664305.smushcdn.com/1944490...RM-August-2019-p30.jpg?lossy=1&strip=1&webp=1
    Class 195 [you'll have to open the link in new tab]
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...er_-_TPE_185106_Manchester_AIrport_servce.JPG
    Class 185
    https://electrarail.co.uk/ekmps/shops/397dcc/images/class-158-express-dmu-47-p.jpg
    Class 158
    services
    for the class 185, it will go from leeds to york non-stop [and vice versa]. Also [at the beggining and end of the day] they should be ecs services and going to and from the depot. [main service takes 23 minutes]
    The class 195 will go from bradford interchange to york stopping at new pudsey, bramley [doesn't always stop at bramley], leeds, crossgates [doesn't always stop there], church fenton and york [and the other way the same pattern]. [along with ecs services and in and out of the depot] [main service takes 52 minutes]
    The class 158 does the same thing as the 195, but there are services which go from leeds all stops to york.
    [all stops to york from leeds takes 31 minutes]
    services from once an hour to once ever half hour.
    overall, a mix of express and local stoppers on this route!

Dovetail, if you are reading this [which I hope you do], please consider this suggestion as they have not been a northern route since train sim world and have been no modern northern route in tsw.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I feel like the 68s and Voyagers aren't the best fit for for this route, they do run from York, but not to Bradford

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

how about the class 185 instead? I also put in the message that the 68s and the voyager dosen't go to bradford, i edited the message now so that it is the class 185 which does the services from leeds to york non-stop

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022