Brake System On Br 442

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldarean, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

Hello community,

I bought the BR 442 yesterday and drove my first trip from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Innsbruck. But I have a big question about the Brakes in this Train. How do they work? There are two different brake systems: one with the throttle and a seperate one with three steps (release, active and apply). How does the seperate influences the throttle brakes? Is it a handbrake or something like that? The manual didn't helped, maybe you can?

best wishes,
    Ludwig

2. Horst K

Horst K New Member

Hello Ludwig,
    I use normally the throttle only. If You reach a station with to much speed, additional You can use the second brake to bring the speed down for the final stop.
    I´ve found the following discussions at "Rail-Sim.de":

www.rail-sim.de/forum/index.php/Thread/16397-Bremsen-Patches/

May be this is helpful for Your situation.
    Have You ever used the AFB? With this funtionality You can bring the speed down step by step very smoothly, using "C" button at the keyboard, if You adjust a speed before with "Y".
    If You use the AFB, f. e. at 60 km/h, the speed swings between 60 / 54 km/h. If You bring down the the speed the brakes are working very hard for achieving the new speed setpoint. I have given this information to DTG-Support.
    Kind regards,
    Horst

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  3. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

Hello Horst,

thank you. Yes, I'm using the AFB but I was wondering why the Train always Brakes with 100% in AFB mode but your Forums post sais that this ist normal and the right brake is just for emergency cases. But without AFB and the right Brakes I can't even reach the full brake power.