Brakes On Br 185

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Christiaan, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

In scenario designer, when I try to drive the br 185, the BC brake stays at 3.4 pressure and I can only get it to 0 when I use the release brake on the dashboard. But after doing that and release the "release brake" lever, the pressure goes up to 3.3 again. I tried almost anything, but nothing works so far. Can someone help me?

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Have you turned on AFB?

3. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

AFB was turned off (also tried it with AFB set to 40 km/h)

4. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Had this problem tonight with the BR 185.5. I had SIFA, PZB and AFB all on. The problem occurred as I was pulling into Riesa about to finish a freight service, when I accidentally tripped PZB and was forced to stop early. After stopping I turned AFB off, released the brakes and PZB but when I applied power the train would not move, even when power was maxed out. I tried everything from lowering and raising the pantograph, opening and closing the Main Circuit Breaker and even performing a break test; to release any potential air pressure left over by the PZB stop. I did finally notice, that the brake capsule was at 3.5 pressure, so I knew some breaking was still applied somehow so I double checked all the brake settings to make sure they were all set to release, and they all were; even the parking brake.. Totally clueless of what to do I turned AFB back on for the heck of it and after about a minute, the remaining brake pressure released; and I was able to move the train again.