PlayStation Braking Curve And As The Crow Flies Distances - Ice3m

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Aufzug, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

Hey guys! I've really been enjoying the Schnellfahrstrecke route, playing with ICE 3m's safety features on (AFB, PZB, LZB). From Koln to Aachen, I've had very little problems using the safety systems, spare some learning moments along the way.

The problem I've had with the safety systems, is when coming from Aachen instead. Everything seems to be normal, as we approach the start of LZB after Duren, I set my AFB to max 330 kmh and the train will set it's own speed. But as we get farther into LZB territory, the big red "G" will start popping up telling me that the train will start to brake, even though the next speed limit is above 10km away. This also happens when you get closer to the next speed limit; the distance meter will go down and back up again, telling the train's computer to slow down or speed up over and over, not letting it get to the 250 kmh max speed. I've tested this in multiple weather modes, and in both directions, and it only seems to be happening when driving to Koln.

I know in some moments playing TSW2020 that there are some stations/depots that are said to be farther away even though the train is moving towards it, and that's a consequence of as the crow flies speed limits and distances. Do you think that's the case here or am I just going crazy?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This happens if there is another train on the line ahead of you and your train is having to slow down because of the risk of red signals.

When your train is slowed due to a signal, I think you get three dashes in lieu of a speed limit shown on the speedometer.

3. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

That's was my first thought, but it's still happening using scenario editor with no other services. :(

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That is odd behaviour then. I’d expect you to have a clear path at full speed.

5. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

You'd think, right? It could just be a bug

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t know if this is what’s happening in scenario planner, when there are no trains, or in timetable mode as well but it could be that the standard routing is set to go into the stations and the dispatcher is only changing the route to the mainline as your train gets within a certain distance of each station. With other routes that wouldn’t matter but with LZB looking so far ahead it is seeing the red signal at the end of the station before the dispatcher changes the route. Pure guess, unlikely, but it might explain it, or indeed it’s just a good old fashioned bug.

With the train driving itself you could always stay in the map view and see what’s going on ahead of your train to see if that gives you any clues.

7. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

In timetable you are chasing regional express. In scenario mode with clear path... Might well be a bug.

8. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

If im not mistaken, the dispatcher only changes switches once it sees that you've completed a specific objective (assuming no other train needs to use the junction prior to the player), rather than it changing switches based on how far away you are.

I also notice this while going from Aachen to Köln, but theres typically a regional service driven by a slower Talent 2 that can easily be caught up to. I dont recall the same thing happening while doing the return journey from Köln to Aachen, so it could possibly be a bug perhaps? Its rather hard to tell, since this just could be a quirk with the timetable

9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It depends of starting point U choose. Some of them are for 'commuters', some for ICE, without leaving the main track.