Brand New Class 60 + Tea Tank Wagon Pack?

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by BritishRail60062, Dec 5, 2020.

1. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

Hey everyone.

I have just had a brainwave idea and I would like to propose a brand new Class 60 with the TEA Bogie Tank Wagon Pack that is based on the trains that are seen around Barnetby and Newport. I would think that it would be a great idea if DTG teamed up with Bossman Games to make this new add-on. For the sounds, maybe AP could help with that on this new pack. From reference to the Class 60 book from Edward Gleed that I have a copy of. Cab number one at where the fans and radiators are located and the Cab 2 is at the exhaust end which is very much the reverse of the EMD Class 66/67 locomotives.

Scenarios and liveries could be of what DTG/BG/AP have licenced access to use. As far as I am aware. DB Schenker/DB Cargo and EWS shouldn't be an issue nor the BR liveries to implement into the pack. As for the scenarios though. The South Wales Coastal could be used on the tank trains from Margam to as far as Newport (cannot remember if the Robeston(?) refinery is on the route or not?) but for the pack. A new Class 60 and the tank wagons would be a great new add-on for Train Simulator 2021 and it could be implemented on other payware and freeware routes as well.

Might be worth DTG having words with Bossman Games and see if this project is viable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Bossman Games are working on a new Class 60, it was on their in-development section about a year ago but as I understand has been put on hold due to COVID and the need for a reference trip. If it does release it will likely be sold via AP like their Class 50 with all appropriate liveries and many features.

• Like Like x 2