Broken Custom Liveries Texture During Gameplay / Loco Preview

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dbrunner#4864, May 19, 2021.

1. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Hello. I have created this post hoping that some of you fine gents can shad light on a issue that is driving me crazy
    When i create or download a custom livery and than try it in game, while the livery looks ok in the Livery Editor, as soon as i go in the gameplay (or even in the select loco screen) the textures are missing or broken

This is really weird, as the camera is really close to the loco a part of the livery appears fine (just a part the rest of the loco still has a broken texture on it), but as you pan the camera or move slightly away it goes mixing and the loco shows a generic color. Setting the resolution scaling to 200 % makes more of the loco livery visible but also huge load on the video card (AMD RX 5700)
    The stock liveries of the locos and even legacy liveries all work perfect without issue

I have changed a lot of video card drivers, and even changed / disabled options in the AMD control panel but it does not change the broken liveries. I have also tried the commands to force load all textures or disable texture streaming in cfg, no change. I tough it might be an issue with anisotropic filtering so i forced all the way up, still same thing.
    Did anyone encounter this issue? or knows a fix for this??
    I have also attached a picture , hopefully it makes the issue more clearer

[​IMG]

2. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Well i have managed to fix this issue. So for anyone having custom livery corruption on AMD cards read this

So in order to fix the problem we need to run TSW trough Vulkan instead of its normal DX11 trough DXVK extension
    Vulcan is a highly optimized rendered developed and optimized for AMD Cards, something similar to DX12
    Here are the steps:
    1. Download the zip from https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases/download/v1.8.1/dxvk-1.8.1.tar.gz
    2. Open the file with 7zip and navigate trough the folders inside the X64 folder (d3d files should be visible)
    3. Extract all those files somewhere for easy access
    4. Navigate to the TSW Binaries / Win64 with the executable inside path bellow
    steamapps\common\Train Sim World 2\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Binaries\Win64
    5. Paste all files you have already extracted to that location inside Bin64
    Note: If you have reshade make a backup of DXGI.dll prior to this, reshade will not work with vulkan as its own DXGI file rpelaces the reshader one
    6.Run the game and enjoy any Custom Livery as they are now rendered properly

Note: During first run of the game and especial after loading a route, the game will be slow or even stop responding for some seconds as the shader cache is created. This is normal , just wait for it to be ready. This only occurs on the first run of the game, after this it will load normally.

Performance wise, i don't know , its between DX11 and DX12. I have only did one run and i cant say exactly how Vulkan compares to DX11 or DX12 in TSW. But since for me it was the only way to run custom liveries it works.

To uninstall: Delete all the d3d files that you have copied from the game directory.
    I hope this also helps other people having problems with the liveries on AMD cards.

• Like Like x 2