Bug From Xtracks 1.1 For Msts Not Fixed In A Line For Ts2015.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 231C, Jun 25, 2021.

1. 231C

231C New Member

upload_2021-6-25_11-6-36.jpeg
    This double slip is showing the diverge path and the straight path on the blades and the straight path on the 2D map.

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

More info needed and a better picture would help.

3. 231C

231C New Member

This picture is taken at a tunnel on a clone of the line New York New Haven. I built a double slip on the 3rd party far from New York Penn on the cloned line.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

How about making the picture brighter in a graphics program - like Paint.net - and we might have an idea what you are talking about as "
    Xtracks 1.1 For Msts" means nothing to most people

• Like Like x 1
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Not really sure what X-Tracks and MSTS has to do with TS, other than its predecessor, the original Rail Simulator, was coded by the same developer, Kuju.

6. 231C

231C New Member

TJD.jpg
    This is the double slip what i build on the 3rd party of the line cloned New York New Haven. The scenario is a free path on the 3rd party of this line. The blades aren't animated. The double slip works wirh difficulties on the 2D map. The point mustn't be set to the path witch goes into the double slip to set the double slip. If the double slip dosen't work, i click the point twice. When the double slip is set for the path, i click the point for the path in blue.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Will there be another message next month explaining something we cannot see in a picture?

8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I actually 'think' I get what he's saying tbh, the in-game visuals of these crossover junctions isn't completely accurate to the real world set up and neither is the animation of the points switching across from one line to another, if you then look in the 2D map screen the visual of the pathing is correct and makes sense and switches as it should but if you try manually changing the points by clicking on a switch it wont always switch correctly, i.e. right path > centre path > left path > centre path > right path.

Compare these with his in-game image..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Image2.jpg

No need to take the piss out of someone's posting, not everyone can explain their point eloquently so that everyone else understands, but with a little effort I believe I've gotten what he/she is trying to get across.

Of course I could have totally gotten it wrong myself here, but at least I tried.. :D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I was not taking the piss.
    It took the OP from 25th & 29th July to reply as two of us did not know what the MSTS reference was.
    I was wondering how long it would be before he replied again.

If the OP thinks there is something wrong in the game he should report it

10. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Nothing is clear here but it is possible that 231c is mixing track rules which dictate the ground texture. Note that in the picture in post 6 there is no ground texture.
    I think that 231C is trying to do something that cannot be done and is obviously having difficulty in communication..

11. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

231C is a French designation for a 4-6-2 Steam Loco

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I did wonder actually if there was any link between the username and French traction, I was going to have a quick search but promptly forgot..

14. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

As idiosyncratic Bulleid tried to introduce to his locos.
    231C is confusing me and others with their reference to MSTS and to "3rd party". Does that mean a 3rd party track rule? If so would that change the ground texture?

231C Please type your posts in your first language and we can google translate.

15. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I can only assume (and it is an assumption, nothing more nothing less) that OldVern hit upon it in his reply further up..
    So from this I (again) assume that this "bug" that I hopefully correctly surmised in my post #8 above is a leftover trait from when Kuju first built the track layouts many moons ago and this has still not been addressed or fixed till this day.

16. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Why would it be? Is there proof that Kuju used or derived Rail Simulator code from MSTS. I suspect MS would have had a thing or three to say about that, if the case! And it is likely that the original source code has been overwritten many times in the journey to Railworks then TS as we see it now.

17. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

No idea Vern, please remember I'm not trying to verify or fix the problem I'm only trying to help decipher the OP's post. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. 231C

231C New Member

TJD_jonction_xtracks.jpg

TJD_jonction.jpg.png

TJD_traversee_xtracks.jpg

TJD_traversee.jpg

La 3ème partie est ce que je fait avec l'éditeur. La photo a été prise l'hiver. En suisse, des vraies traversées jonctions doubles ont le mouvement des lames de TS2015. J'ai fait la recherche sur Google image en allemand avec Kreuzungsweiche Zungen. C'est la traversée jonction double avec le levier rouge. Dans le jeu, c'est tout en traversée ou tout en jonction sur la carte 2D. Les lames ne sont pas animées pour toutes les traversées jonctions doubles. Les aiguilles automatiques ne sont jamais animées sur la carte 2D pendant les scénarios standards dans TS2015 ou dans Train Sim World. Tous les aiguillages sont commandées manuellement pendant l'itinéraire libre. Sur des rails on choisi un itinéraire avec des aiguillages.
    J'ai réessayé. La traversée jonction double fonctionne mais les chemins à gauche et les chemins à droite sont intervertis.

The 3rd part is what I do with the editor. The photo was taken in the winter. In Switzerland, real double slips have the movement of the TS2015 blades. I did the Google image search in German with Kreuzungsweiche Zungen. It is the double slip with the red lever. In the game, it's all crossing or all junction on the 2D map. The blades are not animated for all the double slips. Auto turnouts are never animated on the 2D map during standard scenarios in TS2015 or Train Sim World. All turnouts are controlled manually during the free route. On rails a route is chosen by with switches.
    I tried again. The double slip works but the paths on the left and the paths on the right are interchanged.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  19. 231C

231C New Member

J'ai ajouté des images.
    Le train va au chemin en bleu.

I added pictures.
    The train goes to the path in blue.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021