Bug Report: Riviera Line

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by 52_Western, Mar 1, 2018.

1. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

I noticed a bug in Paignton's level crossing. Two gates are always open, although all should go down if a train approaches. Being someone who stood by that level crossing numerous times, it disemersifies me to a great extent. Please fix this!

Thanks!

2. TrainsAreBest

TrainsAreBest Active Member

This bug remains unfixed.

3. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

This is an old DLC, won't be fixed. Maybe some route editing wizard from the community can fix that?

4. TrainsAreBest

I know it's very unlikely to be fixed now. I've looked for a community fix, but I can't find one.

I was in Paignton on Friday night. The model of the station and it's immediate surroundings is very good, even seven years on, so the incorrect gate action is particularly jarring.

5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I only know the basics of route building, but I think it shouldn't be too hard to fix that (But you never know - the broken Rigby Yard turntable on Maine Maritime was such a mess that even the author Rick Grout gave up on fixing it...). Get a tutorial on railway crossings and fire up the editor. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Ok I've built a test route using Riviera assets. The problem cannot be solved easily, the asset "RL_CrossingModernLongDbl.bin" is the problem.

I'm going into that one now.

33.png

7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

If you place that crossing in the editor, all barriers default to open. It would only need rotating the two barriers facing outwards, but I think the error is in the script which closes 2 barriers on scenario start. I think the fact that they're facing outwards could indicate that this was a last minute fix to at least not have the road blocked due to the bad script.

So the only fix that would work would be taking a working 4-barrier crossing from another route and replace it. Or use the short 2-barriers one.

There's also a 2-long-barriers crossing but this one doesn't work too.

8. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

FIX IS HERE

Ok, after further investigation - the script is ok.

What they did wrong is they mirrored the barriers but did not create new mirrored animation .ban files.

I made a patch by using the same barrier for all four gates - it's a dirty fix but it works. Of course if you look closely you'll notice they're mounted the wrong way around.

Just drop the patches' Assets folder into your RailWorks folder. No cache clearing required.

Enjoy!

f1.png f2.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

Well done, again, Torfmeister

10. TrainsAreBest

Thanks torfmeister, I'll check it out tomorrow.

11. TrainsAreBest

Thanks, torfmeister, that works really well.

As you say, if you look carefully you can see that half the gates are the wrong way round, but they are barely noticeable. If you weren't told you wouldn't spot them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Thanks for your feedback. The only way to do it 100% would be to use a different asset, as RSC/DTG's model files are encrypted you cannot import them into Blender to fix them - only rearrange the objects of that grouped asset by editing the bin file.