Bugs And Finds Ilse Of Wight 2022 New Route

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by fietsbel12, Jul 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. fietsbel12

fietsbel12 Member

Hi Dovetail/Rivit games and Community,

I have driven the new dlc route a couple of times now and found these bugs/issues:

• The DRA button does not glow red or shines red when you turn DRA on.
    • When you start the route in timetable mode the taillights are off and the headlights are on in both directions. This should be headlight in front and taillights on the back.
    • The tracker of the mastery rewards does not track the second assignment te complete 2 timetabele runs. So I can't unlock the mastery reward.
    • The map collectebles are completely missing....
    • If you arrive at the opposite platform of the station, the passengers have to go to the other side of the platform, but then they arrive to late because when you open your doors the timer has already been complete, but the passengers are not even in your train yet. This will result in eighter no passengers on your trian or being to late for the next stop.
    • The Headlights/markerlights are not bright enough. I cant see anything at night or in the tunnel.
    If you have run into any of the above bugs please let me know so I know its not my ps5 that is tripping..

Thank you in advance

• Like Like x 4
  2. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

I can definatley confirm that the two timetable runs are not being acknowledged as completed for mastery.

• Like Like x 2
  3. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

Jasper_Rivet

On XSX:
    * The route introduction ends abruptly (no cutscene at the end like on every other route)

* Bad pedestrian pathing at Ryde St. Johns Road station platform 1 (in front of the station building), and at Brading (on the overpass). At Brading pedestrians sometimes completly clip through the overpass, and try to walk to the other side on the tracks

* Little graphical glitches:
    1. the 'Brake Relase' button is glitched
    2. The DRA button sometimes doesn't illuminate
    3. no collision detection at the ground at in front of Ryde Esplanade station at the little square
    4. An invisible wall at Ryde Esplanade (if I remember correctly Jasper even told us that we can go and watch the sea there)
    5. minor clipping issues: vegetation clipping through the underpass at Sandown, the milage marker(?) clipping through the fence near Brading)
    6. Z-fighting on the screws on the door open/close panel in the passenger compartment
    7. On signal 'WFP 53' near Sandown the warning label glitch out at close proximity (but looks fine from farther away)
    8. At Sandown platform 2 the pedestrian sunk into the ground at stuck there
    9. At Sandown platform 1 the gutter more than likely shouldn't look like how it's modelled in-game
    10. At Brading platform 2 there's a gap between the door and the door frame, and you can see through the walls
    11. The cupboard at the Brading signal box has wonky collision detection
    12. At the end of Brading platform 1 no trespassing sign slightly clios through the lamppost
    13. Between Brading and Smallbrook there's a gap in the scenery near the second whistle board from Brading. The railings near here also lacks collision detection
    14. At Ryde St John's Road you cannot climb up one of the yellow stairs to the front of the parked train (but you can climb down)
    15. There's a graphical glitch in Ryde Tunnel (bright line on the ballast/tracks)
    16. At Ryde Esplanade there are two 4 car stop markers. The one that's closer to the pier should be changed to a 2 car stop marker
    17. The hovercrafts at Ryde Esplanade lacks collision detection
    18. Spelling mistake ("recored" instead of "recorded) on the help point box (also affects the original Isle of Wight route)
    19. The smaller windows right behind the drivers cab lacks collision detection
    20. The ① symbol overlaps the word "and" on the Passengers Safety Instructions poster in the 484

* The 'Sand' button doesn’t work (according to the manual it should), and it would be nice if the 'Hazard Lights' button would work too (the Demister button should be also clickable, as it is on many other locos)

* The rain drop effect is broken on the driver side windshield (a few little droplets that does not move, it works as intended on the secondmans side)

* You can open the doors while moving with the passenger open/close buttons, and the guard door open button

* The passengers try to board the train while the doors are not fully opened

* The DSD pedal stays pressed when you leave the drivers seat

* Headlights are set-up incorrectly (tail lights at front, day lights at back) on services "2U06-B: Shanklin – Ryde Pier Head", "2U10-A: Shanklin – Ryde Esplanade", "2U46-A: Shanklin – Ryde Esplanade ", and "2U18-A_01: Shanklin – Ryde St. John's Road" (also the PIS isn't set up on this one)

On service "2D71_02: Ryde St John's Depot Park" there shouldn't be passengers onboard

* (At the start of the 'Blow Me Away' scenario I couldn’t move (but camera controls worked), a restart fixed the issue, and I can’t reproduce it)

* (I once somehow managed to get the horn stuck, a restart fixed it, and I can't reproduce it)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Complete 2 services are not counting I've now done 3 runs, haven't seen any map collectable, double 4 car stop signs at Ryde Esplanade on should be 2 car, smallbrook steam side missing signbox like in the original route (I'm being pickle in this one), signals at Ryde Esplanade should be connected but they are not

• Like Like x 2
  5. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

When you change ends either right head all at shanklin how do you get the chain going again because I can't get the train going

• Like Like x 1
  6. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Rivet and issues? Shock horror.

• Like Like x 6
  7. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

When I go to the destination it's not letting me sell it shanklin

8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Re: Your last point. Lights on trains are not designed for the driver to see ahead. They are present for other people to see the train.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I assume this is an easter egg, a cow (or is it a dog) in the driver's seat of a van near to the hovercrafts.

Screenshot 2022-07-19 233148.png

• Like Like x 13
  10. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

This is why i didn't buy this route. Its made by rivet, who clearly do not care about quality. The more I'm hearing, the worse it gets.

11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Highly appropriate — a dog being left in a vehicle, on its own.

12. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Yes definitly an easter egg or a joke. On the last route from Luzern to Sursee Rivet placed some cows on a boat! ;)

Luzern See e.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  13. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

You haven't seen the cow in the bus yet then?

:o

Hentis

14. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

There is a fix for the map collectables in the next update.

The headlights on trains in the UK are not there for the driver to see where he is going. They are there for other people to see the train approaching. That's it. Nothing more nothing less.

Both model and route look great and yes there are a couple of minor bugs some that are already being fixed but its the typical "its from Rivet " brigade that will not see anything but bad stuff as soon as someone mentions the bug word.

Hentis

• Like Like x 6
  15. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

It's a tidy little route, no major complaints from me.

Trophies would have been nice, what's the point of collectables without a trophy at then end of it?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Really happy I bought this route. Rivet have done a great job here in my opinion.

I’ve never bothered with collectibles in the past, but of course, the minute one of them is missing, I want to do them :-D At least they said it’ll be in an update soon.

I’ve had my issues with Rivet over Arosa, but credit where it’s due, this is a fun to play / drive route and to me none of the issues are show stoppers. So fingers crossed for a quick turnaround of the first update so I can satisfy my new found need to collect route maps and let’s hope Rivet can keep to this standard.

• Like Like x 5
  17. fietsbel12

fietsbel12 Member

Hi Hentis,

Thank you for explaining this, I was wondering about the headlights but then it is oke like this. If its the real thing dont change it haha.

for the map collectbles its nice to know they will fix it. I like the route so its not a negtive part of feedback i was just wondering if it was missing to more players.

• Like Like x 1
  18. knotthult#3454

knotthult#3454 New Member

Small bug report:
    On PC (Steam):

*Some shunting signals at St. Johns seem to not be working (displaying red when actually being yellow).

*The overpass at Brading seem to be a bit bugged with the hitbox because npcs glitch through it and on to the rail.

*There seem to be a very small amount of people getting on the train compared to how many there are at the platforms at all stations.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Rivet have a bad rep for a reason, so get off your high horse

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Are timetable timings achievable in IoW 2022 or does the almost nonexistent setup time have too much of an impact on it?

• Like Like x 1
  21. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

Mat_Jam_Ca Here's a run where I set up the safety systems, checked the headlights (thus far I only found 3 services where they were incorrectly set up, this isn't one of them), hugged the speed limit (1–2km/h under max speed), only used notch 1 of the brakes (except at Shanklin), and waited for the departure times. (I arrived at least 30-45 seconds early where the screenshot shows that I arrived right on time).

(I usually don't wait for the departure time, and at the end I can comfortably close down the cab and set the other one up)

24692301-4843-4E8E-A370-E9C626D377F2.png

Here's another one where the headlights were set up incorrectly (on both ends), and the PIS were not set up. Even though I departed 37 seconds late I was 3 seconds early on the first stop…
    B442AEBB-5401-4A88-9A0E-1608D3EB9B9B.png

And 21 seconds early on the second stop.
    0B21E5DE-13DA-43C6-8D89-DD25CC9F1377.png

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  22. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

DRA does light up red when you have the safety system for it turned on. It is isolated by default.

• Like Like x 1
  23. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Moving to technical reports.

• Like Like x 1
  24. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

Firstly, I think Island 2022 is a brilliant loco / route addition to TSW2. Many thanks for this release. I’m thoroughly enjoying running up and down this line, especially the scenarios. Well done everyone.

I can also confirm there are no route maps to be collected on PS5. I’ve been “on foot” exploring and haven’t found any.

Also, there is a hidden hole in the ground at Esplanade. Once in it, it’s impossible to climb out. See attached pictures for more details.

Platform: PS5

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3