Bugs Introduced By The Happy Holidays Update

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by pschlik, Dec 15, 2017.

1. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I don't know about you, but the Happy Holidays update fixed a lot of issues I had not heard of nor worried about, while it introduced a few more bugs that I do care about. These bugs are specific enough to deserve their own thread away from the chaos of all the other stuff already reported.

The Class 166 headlights are messed up:
    It is not that the headlights are broken, they can be triggered using the warning lights button, but the main headlight switch will not turn them on! Only the marker lights and tail lights can be controlled using the switch.
    20171214215439_1.jpg
    As you can see, the headlights are set to day, but the only light that gets turned on is the drivers side marker light. (The indicator below the switch does work, correctly reflecting which lights are indeed on or off.)

Of course, the issue with AWS on the eastern cab of the 166-which has been reported and recognized.

The new dynamic brake HUD indicators do not agree with the AC4400CW:
    Idle and dynamics setup on the AC4400CW shows a yellow 1 as if the dynamic brakes were in B1. Idle is not dynamic braking.
    20171214221838_1.jpg
    Then, going into B1, the HUD shows a yellow 0...which is not used in any other locomotive. Perhaps this yellow 0 should be used to say a locomotive is in setup. But regardless, 1 does not equal 0.
    20171214221846_1.jpg
    And B2-B8 just shows the gray D on the HUD...which should be for idle, not for dynamics.
    20171214221847_1.jpg

The locomotive icons tend to randomly change in loco select and the profile screen:
    I'm used to seeing a YN2 GP38-2, YN2 SD40-2, YN3b AC400CW, then YN2 GP40-2 when selecting a Sand Patch service, but ever since this update I'm seeing that order in the list changing around and the paintjobs that display changing around too.
    randomness!.JPG
    This is not the bunch of YN2 locomotives I'm used to seeing in the list! This does not break anything, but I have no clue if it is intended.

External alert sounds are broken:
    Noticed this a bit late...anyway, the external alerter does not work anymore. No matter what the volume is set to, external alerters are silent.

For posterity, it is worth mentioning how a lot of people are getting more crashes than usual. TSW has not crashed for me, but it's still something new. I've ran out of file attachments (thanks AC4400CW) so that's all for this post.

Feel free to respond with more CSX and GWE bugs you've seen since the update that were not around before.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

In the same eastern cab right blind is also inoperable now. All fine in opposite cab.

upload_2017-12-16_16-1-27.png upload_2017-12-16_16-3-12.png

3. angrywhopper1993

angrywhopper1993 New Member

man... the ''Happy holidays'' update doesn't like the class 166:D i [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Headlights bug comfirmed!

• Like Like x 1
  4. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Perhaps DTG should revisit the idea of beta patches although they do then need to make the resources available both on the coding/art side and the QA side to respond to tickets raised as a result. Another option is to go for smaller but more frequent patches. The biggest problems seems to be that the TSW core is still flaky and the Simugraph engine(s) are not working as well as anticipated.

• Like Like x 1