Buttons Not Covered In The Tutorials?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Goooner1, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Not had this long, bought the Founder edition a week ago, then upgraded yesterday.

Pretty much done the tutorials and the two shortest runs on the first GWR scenario.

I've noticed a lot of buttons in the cab are clickable, but the tutorials don't cover them, presumably they do something? Anywhere to find out what they're for and under what circumstances you would use them.

2. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

One thing I've learned from playing TSW is that it requires a bit of "homework" - especially if you want the full experience. A lot of the buttons are clickable but won't do anything - like "Sand" - but knowing why they're there still adds to the experience of driving the train. At least in my opinion.

You can find a lot of information about the more technical aspects of driving a train on Wikipedia and google is your friend as always. :)

There are also a lot of detailed cab descriptions online. Like this one for example: http://www.dawlishtrains.com/cabs-loco-class-47-70.html
    If you scroll down and find the Class 66 there's an image overview of what all buttons/gauges are called.

Some of the manuals for the PC versions of the game are also more detailed and also the Starter Guide found here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A17oc2gvIyZPPSEWdo-1pQRq45ypmVNN/view?usp=sharing

So while the tutorials and the quick start guides will get you going you need to put a bit of an effort in to get the full simulator experience but that part, at least for me, has been fun and educational and in the end very rewarding as well.

And of course you can always just ask here in the forum - that's what it's here for. :)

3. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  4. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Thanks both, very helpful :love:

5. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Uncertain if it will come to console as it needs a lot of optimizing for it to work, and that was mentioned on the stream yesterday.