C40-8w Tutorial Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ben#4046, Jun 9, 2022.

1. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I cannot complete the tutorial using this locomotive dlc because the train doesn't refuel. I have followed the instructions to the letter and attempted 3 times but when I go to fuel the train nothing happens. The digital display doesn't change. I've waited 15 mins and the refuelling pipe is just stuck there. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  2. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

Glad someone mentioned this. I’m experiencing the same problem.

3. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I just recently tested this for someone else, and it is as you say. Seems like a bug was introduced with the last patch, as it was working fine before then. Please both of you submit trouble tickets for this; the more people it affects, the higher it goes on the priority list.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Yep have done this also.

5. skippycue

skippycue New Member

This glitch is indeed annoying but fortunately it's still possible to complete the tutorial with about 2 extra hours of patience. If you keep turning the fuel valve on all the way and then off all the way it will eventually fill up the train. The fuel starts at 3856 (gallons? liters?) and needs to go up to 4596... This will take a while! (about 2 and quarter hours for me) The glitches are not done at that point though because there is no way to then remove the nozzle from the train (or is there? ;-O ) I am not sure why but if you board the other train in the fuel garage it will pull the fuel hose out of your train and instruct you to put the gas cap back on. Well guess what? That doesn't work either! You can't grab the gas cap because it never actually registered that you put the fuel hose back. If you grab the hose off the rack and then put it back on the rack then you are finally able to put the fuel cap back on and continue to the end of the mission normally from that point on. Here is a video demonstrating this technique:

Hope that helps all those stuck on this one! :) And maybe it will help the developers identify the problem too!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Ok thanks! I believe they've just updated and from the notes it seems in infer to having fixed refuelling across various routes and services 1.86 I'm wondering if perhaps this has been addressed...Be great if it has. I'm impressed with how responsive the team of devs are on this game of late. I've experienced vast improvements and a much smoother overall experience in the last year + Just want to say a big thanks from me if there are devs out there reading this. It means a lot that you care as much as you do about the game and community and I for one will gladly continue to support you!

7. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Just gave this another try (on Steam). Refueling worked perfectly, and the rest of the tutorial went without a hitch as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

That's great to hear! Thanks for assisting