[camera] Front Of The Cab Camera Angle

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by r4g3nony, Mar 19, 2021.

1. r4g3nony

r4g3nony Active Member

Today I was driving on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen with the front camera sat around the headlight of ICE3 and it was ton of fun. I could drive like I do in cab and enjoy the ambient sounds and track sounds too. I hope we can get a camera angle like this. The way I did it is almost perfect but the camera bounces to default position if the train wobbles too much.

P.S: I'm fully used to driving with only keyboard and using mouse to only rotate camera or fiddle with MFD.
    Screenshot (40).png

• Like Like x 3
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I do this a lot. I keep the camera a bit forward of the train to stop it moving back to default and it still gives the same effect. An official camera position there would be a great addition though so you didn’t have to position it yourself, which can get tricky.

They have spoilt the fun a lot in TSW2 by banning external cameras in tunnels and going through a tunnel with a ‘nose cam’ was one of the very best things about TSW2020 that has been robbed from us, for no good reason.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Love seeing this, it's my default driving view!

• Like Like x 1
  4. r4g3nony

r4g3nony Active Member

Matt just said in the Clinchfield preview video that cam will not snap to cabview in tunnels so its amazing news for some of us weird peeps

Reference:

• Like Like x 1