Campaign Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lightspeed, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

Just wondering about a possible campaign mode that’s an evolution of Journeys in TSW 2? I think it’ll give the game/sim a more complex way of playing for more seasoned players and also make us think on our feet a bit more. It should have a realistic difficulty depending on the trains/locos, shift situation and railway procedures depending on the country that you’re driving in.

Because of a realistic difficulty, it will make sense to include sense of alertness such as passing a yellow signal and expecting a stop signal at the next one or wildlife walking along the tracks, causing you to slow down and beep the horn to try and get the animals to move to the side off the tracks. Also have some mechanical trouble with the train causing it to be taken out of service or misbehaving passengers pulling the emergency brake in one of the coaches, making the train screech to a halt.

Now proper railway procedures in different countries.... Well I know some of U.K. railway procedures (may need another crash course in British mainline railway procedures.) don’t know much about German, American or french ways of doing things out on the mainline but, I imagine the consequences would be severe depending on what the player did wrong. Like for example going to fast into a station with buffers will cause emergency brake application and a visit to the local train manager or accidentally running someone over will result in a game over, mission failed and times the mission out for a whole day.

A bit much? Yeah I know that but, just want something more challenging and possibly make me curse once in a while.

• Like Like x 1