Can’t Install Lgv On Ps5?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pveezy, Nov 20, 2022.

1. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a TSW issue or Sony’s fault.

I was doing my weekly TSW3 DLC Tetris game (yay fun thanks DTG for still not having the add on manager on your latest product).

I uninstalled LGV. Then I installed a few other DLC. I realized I still had enough room for LGV, so I decided to download it again.

I get error “something went wrong” CE-107880-4 when trying to download it from the manage game content page.

If I go straight to the PS Store and try to download it from there it will download the PS4 version (I don’t even have TSW PS4 installed) but not the PS5 version.

Has anyone else come across this error when playing TSW PS5 DLC Tetris (lol thanks for the term antony.henley ).

To be clear this isn’t an issue of me being over 64gb and it’s just not showing up in game - the issue is I can’t download it at all.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

So now I’ve managed to get LGV to work…

But can’t download London Commuter now same error “Something went wrong” :mad:.

Add on manager any day now? Getting pretty fed up with DLC issues.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  3. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

4. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It baffles me how this many console generations into digital distribution, Sony still haven't got a consistent and reliable system for it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Yeah they are brutal. At the same time if I didn’t have to download, delete and redownload DLC constantly I wouldn’t have had any of these issues. Add on manager can’t come soon enough. I’ve never had an issue downloading content I just bought it’s only during the TSW required shuffling that this has happened. It seems like this happens when I uninstall a DLC and then decide to install it again within a few days (which only ever happens because of the DLC limit). I think I’m going to basically have to bite my tongue and stop buying DLC until this is finally patched since it’s annoying to have like $600+ pumped into this game that I can’t even play properly.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  6. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I’ve tried all these methods along with some other stuff like clearing cache, rebuilding database, and renewing all content licences. Still no luck. Can’t download PS5 version of BML from store, manage game content menu or even from the PS app. It can download the PS4 version but just gives errors for PS5 version.

7. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi pveezy ,

While PlayStation 5 is not the most user-friendly system for cross-platform downloads we've seen, it should make it easy to manage your add-ons. Unlike PS4 you don't have to uninstall the whole game to remove add-ons. You should simply be able to swap add-ons in and out at any time.

Using the PlayStation Store to do this would not be recommended, as this is a slow and clunky method. It should be much easier to use the Manage Game Content menu as described in the guide.

If the error message persists, it may be worth reaching out to PlayStation Support, as they would be in the best place to tell you what it means.

8. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help. I tried the PS support. Not much use since it seems to consist of a live chat with a bot, or possibly a human with some kind brain damage.

Oh well. For now I guess I just can't use content I paid for. Hopefully it just resolves itself at some point like LGV did.

EDIT: so around dinner time today, I tried to download it again and it finally worked fine. This was about 24hr after the original error.

And a few days ago with LGV, when it did work it was about 24hr after the original error.

So if any other PlayStation players come across this thread and are dealing with error CE-107880-4, it seems like the only solution is just to wait 24hr.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  9. dana satya

dana satya New Member

Thank You for the help.
    Please we are waiting fot the dlc Add-on manager on PS5.
    “uninstalling and reinstalling” the add-on is really annoying..

10. kristoffer#9371

kristoffer#9371 New Member

I had same issue but hqve it now weirdly but it caused more bugs with not registering progress etc... I have golds but not showing on profile