Can Someone Explain In-cab Signalling?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by railrowe, Oct 14, 2021.

1. railrowe

railrowe New Member

I'm thinking about picking up the Rush Hour season ticket some time soon. While watching some videos, I noticed the ACS-64, CTC-3, and F40 all appear to have in-cab signalling. The manuals and tutorials I've seen that talk about in-cab signalling for other routes are a little confusing to me. Can someone please explain how it works in simple terms?

2. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert in this, but just a quick warning if you drive without hud, at this current point the f40 has no working speedometer so you can't follow the incab safety system without the hud

3. cmadonna1998

cmadonna1998 Active Member

I can give very basic help. Basically the in-cab signaling will assign you a maximum speed, either based on the speed limits (ACSES) or signal aspects (ATC). This speed may be less than the speed limit or may be more. Always follow the lower number.

To enable, use turn on "ACSES" and "ATC" on the back panel of the ACS-64 and the "Safety Systems" fuse in the fuse box for the MBTA stock.

When the safety systems alarm goes off, acknowledge by pressing "circle" (please note that currently "circle" only acknowledges on the ACS-64, not the MBTA stock. For the MBTA stock, you must press the in-cab button to acknowledge the alarm. DTG are aware of this and working on a fix). Once the alarm is acknowledged, move the automatic brake into the suppression detent. For the ACS-64 this is roughly around 65%, but it will say suppression when you have it in the right place. For MBTA stock suppression is the next detent beyond full service. Leave the brake in suppression until you are below the max permitted speed as per the in-cab signaling, then release the brakes and stay below the max permitted speed.

Some people have reported that the safety systems are not working properly, but I have had no issue other than "circle" not acknowledging them.

• Helpful Helpful x 4