Can Someone Explain What I’m Doing Wrong?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TheTipsyRaccoon, Jul 14, 2021.

1. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Rapid Transit in the snow, I can’t for the life of me accelerate and brake in a way that keeps me to the timetable. It’s doing my head in now. I can start in Markkleeberg and by the time I’m in the tunnel, I’m already 4-5 minutes late and have overshot almost every station. (We won’t mention the fact that the snow physics are still active in the tunnel…)

But if I accelerate and brake gently, I’m late, if I go more aggressive, I get so much wheel spin the bloody thing barely moves/slows down. Also sanding is about as useful as a one-legged man at a butt kicking contest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Just for the record, I drive real trains, in real snow and it’s nowhere near as difficult as this.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

In snow conditions wouldn't trains be operating at slower speeds and braking earlier anyway? I would not expect to be on time like in dry conditions. Also the routes are never going to be 100% match with the route in reality. Like is 90km in game the same as 90km in real life? Maybe but certain things will never be an exact match.

If you want to, you can leave once a passenger load is 100% even if you still have time to spare. Early on this may be possible. For newer trains in the game (not the silver Talent 2) you can also close the doors as the passenger loading is nearing completion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem to. Really annoying- can’t even leave the station. For example I put the train into notch 7- accelerates normally to 13mph, but then the wheels slip up to 75mph.

It’s berserk and why wasn’t it fixed when the preservation crew came round?

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

I think DTG need to change the gold medal parameters in adverse weather, that’d satisfy me. Kind of like saying “you did all you could there”

Journey mode forces you to play in a blizzard, that’s fine, not all train driving in the real world is in fair weather (especially in Germany and the UK haha), but then if it’s impossible to stay on time and I lose out on my gold medal as a result, that’s not cool. I did the best I could under the circumstances, gimme my gold dammit! Haha!

5. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Even with the BR182 on RT at a sunny condition I’m still late when going full throttle I think they messed up somewhere and they really need to adapt the timetables to the different type of weather I mean of course it won’t be the same at a snowy time and a summer time

• Like Like x 1