Can Someone Help With The Scenario Editor In Ts-tools?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by arapajoe3, Oct 18, 2020.

1. arapajoe3

arapajoe3 Active Member

Hello, I am seeking help from someone more experienced with the Ts-Tool program. When I edit scenarios and swap rolling stock of more than one consist when I go to play it I always get the OOM error. On the other hand, if I only exchange the locomotive that I am going to drive, it usually works without problem. I always save after changing a consistent use of compatible rolling stock, etc, so I don't understand ... If someone more familiar with the tool can give an idea, I appreciate it! Maybe it's a common mistake and I didn't know it.
    Thanks

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Sometimes you get a problem if the stock you are swapping is longer than the original stock.
    You could always swap the stock in the game and you would see if there was a problem as you placed it.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. arapajoe3

arapajoe3 Active Member

Thank you for the answer! I will try to see if it fixes the problem

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

This begs another question that always comes to my mind, since my reason for swapping would often be to replace the BNSF stock in Workshop scenarios (I have not yet attempted this, I should note). Namely, what would happen if I try to load the scenario in the game? I obviously can't see the consist, but does the train load as an "empty" train as I have sometimes seen with ghost trains where skins are missing, or will the train just not appear in the scenario? This can be an obvious problem if I can't change the consist using tools but also it doesn't appear in the game, meaning I can't use the scenario.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you had a 20 wagon train with a loco and you attempted to load it in to a Scenario but you did not have the loco you get a message saying "Unable to Load xxxx etc" you click F2 and you have nothing where the train should be.

With the same consist if you had the loco but were missing any wagons you get a similar message and the train is shorter but still all coupled together so you can drive it.

I will swap the loco to something else with TS Tools and then edit the train in the game

Peter

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

That's actually really helpful, I've always tried to go "all or nothing" in TS Tools with varying levels of success, your way seems a lot more intuitive and simple.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It does mean you can have the wagons you want on your trains
    Austrian loco, German Route and the Intermodal wagons off the Class 92 :)
    Screenshot_Munich to Garmisch_48.11242-11.42032_11-56-49.jpg

8. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

That was the method I was thinking of. Once you can load it in the game, just edit it normally within the game and save it, but make sure you are working on a copy of the scenario before even trying to edit it with Ts-Tools in the first place. Which, if it's an official scenario that has issues with it (Feather River Canyon says hi), you have to save a copy so it's independent of the AP file (in this case, AP is NOT Armstrong Powerhouse). Edit the name a little, too. Otherwise, any updates or file integrity checks will return the scenario to exactly how it was designed, bugs and all. If trying to edit something you don't have the consist for, you have to save a copy via Ts-Tools, then edit the copy (this is the case particularly for Workshop scenarios more than packs like AP (in this case, AP IS Armstrong Powerhouse), JT, and alanthompsonsim, but I would do it there too in case you screw up so you have the original).

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Normally you can not change a Career Scenario as the system thinks you are doing something to gain points.

With the system files on another forum they are referred to as ap files (lower case) as that is how they show in the game
    Like CardiffSwanseaAssets.ap

Peter