Can Trophies Be Retro Fitted To Routes?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Oct 21, 2021.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

This is a question I asked for the Q&A stream but it wasn’t answered. All routes from West Cornwall onwards will not be released with trophies but have they actually been developed and ‘switched off’ for want of a better term? Matt was explaining on stream that they were looking at if the trophy limit was just arbitrary with Sony and if it is and trophies resume, would West Cornwall trophies appear at a later date?

West Cornwall of course is a Rivet route which potentially adds another layer of complexity to this question because we only got half the trophies for IOW when trophies were allowed. It’s an important question certainly for me as it means there is a possibility of picking up routes later down the line

2. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

In theory. Just doing thinking exercise. Your game save probably just needs something to be accomplished to be rewarded a trophy. So Yes when Cornwall has no trophies now but you find all collectables today and trophies are introduced tomorrow once you sync your trophies you would be awarded a trophy for collectables immediately as your game save will say you accomplished that goal already

3. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I don't see why not. Guess it just depends on what stats are held in each game and if you hit the criteria in the stats the trophy pops

So maybe not to dissimilar to when you import save games from PS4 to PS5. You don't actually do anything but the game recognises you have hit a criteria for a trophy and sudden an avalanche of them one after the other

It was brilliant. Two platinums for completing one game

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope so.

5. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they can TinTin_57

do you remember an early metal gear for the PS4
    This was released with zero trophy’s, nothing

few years later there was an update for the trophy set (why it was years I don’t know) and viola ;)
    You’d have to start the game again though.

As for TSW2 and future ones that may appear. I guess they would either pop if earned or the clock/counter would start again depending on implementation.

edit is was MGS4 on the PS3

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right. This is DTG/Rivet though and well, my trust in this isn't all there. Here is some proof below which I am glad I saved from the Rivet forums when I asked about trophies for IOW that were missing compared to PC and one that just wouldn't work
    Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 13.12.30.png

7. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I’d take that reply with a yellow roadside bin of salt, I don’t think they have any intention of adding the missing IOW ones, I’ve been vocal on here in the past. And had the same DTG mod answer of memory issues were the reason they were left out, never answered if they will come back…

as it’s a complete route with nothing yet, same as the 187 and the upcoming 313… I have some hope they will all appear…..eventually. No idea when of course.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I wished they added the complete IOW set when the PS5 version came out, no reason couldn’t have been added then. Of course that would annoy the PS4 folk and rightly so.

I just hope Sony will allow DTG to create…
    a set 4 for the PS4 and all DLC from the 187 to be allowed to use this.
    And extra groups for the PS5, for the same reason.

they should keep em going until whatever they have planned for 2022…

9. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

It is entirely possible they can. The PS3 didn't launch with no trophy system and when it was added 2 years later, a lot of games were retrofitted to include them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. ZR Leigh

ZR Leigh Member

I think the fact there hasn’t been a response from DTG about it makes me think that if a route launches without trophies it’s never going to have them. I hope I’m wrong but feel the silence answers the question.

• Like Like x 2
  11. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Trophies pop on event triggers, i.e. you've collected the 100th collectable, you've driving for 1400 miles, you got up to 75 mph. So if you did things on a route without trophies, and those trophies were added in later - will they pop? It would be require 2 things - one, TSW2 would need to track (and remember) that you've done the things necessary and, two, some event would need to fire off the trophy popping.

My gut say this won't happen. If trophies are added back in, you'd need to do the necessary again to achieve them.

12. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if you'd need to do everything again. When I installed Hitman 3 on PS5, it gives you the option of importing your Hitman 2 progress and when you do that, all of the trophies for the things I'd already achieved all popped. As you say, it would just need some event to trigger the check, but the game should already be tracking distances travelled, job completion, etc.

13. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Yep, that import was the trigger and the save game had recorded what you'd achievement. I don't think TSW2 save games record that minutia of detail.

14. Factor41

The main save data (not the useless mid-game saves) must record enough for trophies. The DLC achievements are usually distance driven, which is all accessible from the driver progress tab, job completion which is shown in the route tab, and specific scenario or numbers of services completed, which are all tracked because it shows medals and best scores next to them. I don't think there are any trophies in DLC for values that aren't naturally tracked by the game anyway.

15. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

What about trophies that are speed related, etc? I do admire your optimism but the primary issue is how to trigger the retro popping of trophies. It would probably require some new UI element are are DTG really going to implement a whole new set of menus and prompts for just one platform?

16. Factor41

Even if the ones like "Hit 101km/h in the DB BR 101" don't 'remember' that they've been achieved, they'll only be a one-hit effort to redo. Certainly a simpler task than redoing all the jobs or driving thousands of miles. Having a route 'check' the distance trophies at the end of a service wouldn't be an arduous task. I refuse to believe that an "if x>y" check to trigger trophies would be complex to implement or hardware intensive to process, regardless of how much of a meal they made of it in the early days of TSW.

If they need to make some minor menu changes to keep a third of the player base happy, I'd say yes, it's probably worth a bit of development time. Most games have a 'stats' page of some sort anyway so it would probably be a welcome addition for most platforms - GTA, for example, keeps track of EVERYTHING you do in game and lets you see all of it. Would be interesting to get a view on how many all-time passenger loading tasks I'd completed, or how many times I'd acknowledged a SIFA alarm in the game. None of this is beyond the wit of man.

17. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

I suppose we'll be able to see how this will pan out when DTG get round to implementing the ability to import your profile from PS4 to PS5. If that pops trophies, it's doable. If it doesn't, it probably isn't.