Can You Get Mastery Progress On Tsw2020 Routes In Tsw 2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by casper613, Jan 9, 2021.

1. casper613

casper613 New Member

I was wondering if you could make progress on TSW2020 routes Mastery (LIRR, MSB, NTP, GWE) within Train Sim World 2? I noticed I had a reward for TSW2020 Mastery in TSW 2, the music festival for Great Western Express which I could active. Would I have to play TSW2020 to make progress on mastery for them?
    Thanks!
    casper613

2. Myxtro

Myxtro New Member

I would love to see mastery for all preserved collection DLC

3. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

I was wondering the same as I too noticed I had some mastery awards showing in TSW 2 from tasks I'd previously completed.

All I can tell you is that I tried one of the very short services in NTP in TSW 2020 and the number of tracked services in the second tier increased by 1. I then ran the same service in TSW 2 and the tracked services in mastery didn't increment. I've assumed therefore that whilst rewards already achieved can be used , mastery tracking is kept separate.

However, it's been the case on many occasions over several months that my first one or two activities in a session are tracked and then it gives up so it could just be that the tracking was having a hiccup when I'd switched over to TSW2.

If you have chance perhaps you could login to Dovetail Live and note a 2020 mastery task in progress and then see if you can get it to increment by running in TSW 2? As above, it didn't work for me.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

That seems to be the current case. I did make a suggestion a little while ago about introducing preserved collection mastery. Not all players wants to go back to TSW2020 or may not even own it.