Can You Move Around?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by redbaron07, Mar 3, 2020.

1. redbaron07

redbaron07 New Member

A quick question - is it possible to actually move around the scenery? BY that I mean actually leave the station or platform and move around the local area. There seems to be so much detail - I wondered if you could see it in more detail.
    Keith

2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Not in first person but you can fly around to a distance from the train using right mouse + Ctrl.

3. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Or press the 8 key on the keyboard and use the arrow keys to move around. To move around faster hold down the shift key while pressing the arrow key.

4. redbaron07

redbaron07 New Member

Ok thanks. Not quite what I thought. I already knew how to do that, its just that you can see scenery in the distance beyond the railway that has been rendered, I wondered if you could zoom in on that and actually move around, similar to FS. But clearly you can't.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you go in to Drive you might find a Free Roam Scenario for a route you are interested.
    Go in to the Scenario and click on any train then push the 8 key to let you move where you want.
    Use the keyboard button to go left, right, forward or backward.
    Use the Mouse to tilt your view upwards then the UP arrow key takes you in to the air and just move around.
    There is a limit as to how far from the train you can go but if somewhere else is near to the line just drive the train there .

The scenery / buildings etc get less detailed the further you move from the track

Peter

6. redbaron07

redbaron07 New Member

Ok cheers. Will try that.

7. trev123

trev123 Active Member

In what I have mentioned you can go to the edge of the scenery.

8. redbaron07

redbaron07 New Member

OK that worked fine. I was curious as you can see so much and especially the viaducts. Nice to be able to see the train from various views.

9. Hordriss

Hordriss Member

I tried moving the camera at the end of one of the in-game routes to see how far I could move it along the track (as the line goes beyond that point in real life), and that caused the game to totally freeze up my laptop. I had to do a power button hold reset!