1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian National - Toronto To Windsor(steam Era)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Buynot, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

The Canadian National Railway is one of Canada's two major railroads serving towns and cities all throughout the country. Though Canadian routes (from both CP and CN) have been already made, the Canadian steam era has yet to be represented. Two of CN's major stops along the railway on the east coast are Toronto, and Windsor. CN trains out of Toronto start their journey in Mimico Yard, 13 miles outside of the Toronto area and make the 222 mile journey south to Windsor, just along the Canada, United States border. There is a wide range of steam locomotives that can go with this route such as the U1F 4-8-2 mountains for passenger duties, or the U2 4-8-4 confederations for freight duties, or even some mikados or hudsons as well as an 0-6-0 for switching duties. As for rolling stock, there's always the standard pullmans in CN liveries for passenger rolling stock, and 1940s/50s era boxcars for freight, as well as some hoppers or tanker cars to go with them. This route could not only help in better representing Canada in train simulator, but also as a chance to add in some more North American Steam Locomotives. What do you guys think? Would you want to see this route in the future?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Active Member

Sounds cool. Canadian routes are seriously lacking in TS2019. I totally agree with the steam locos, too.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The only problem I see with this is that from my one visit to the area (many moons ago admittedly) I seem to remember there being almost nothing of note scenery wise from London to Chatham
    Other than that I'm sure people would enjoy the route

4. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

Well if the route gets made, whoever makes it could always do what G-Trax did on their B&LE route and shorten the route to eliminate boredom.

• Downvote Downvote x 1
  5. Aljaž Skarlovnik

Aljaž Skarlovnik Active Member

Don't do that. That is bullshit.

6. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

How so? It seems prefectly reasonable if there's nothing going on in terms of scenery.

• Downvote Downvote x 1
  7. Aljaž Skarlovnik

Aljaž Skarlovnik Active Member

You are changing the route for no good reason. That's BS. Good scenery or not, there is something to be said about the route being correct in length.