Canadian Pacific Ac4400cw Won't Get Out Of Idle

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by amhildreth, May 9, 2021.

1. amhildreth

amhildreth New Member

Hey all. I just downloaded the Canadian Pacific AC4400CW, but can't get her to go. I can release all the brakes, but the throttle has no impact on the locomotive. It just sits. I've been playing for quite some time, and this is the first loco that I've had a throttle problem with.Any help to get it out of the yard would be greatly appreciated.

2. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

1.turn on the generator Field circuit breaker on
    then look behind you at back console and should see engine switch turn nob up

Attached Files:

3. amhildreth

amhildreth New Member

Good stuff. My biggest stumbling block seems to be that I can't interact with the reverser lever that's laying on the console, so that I can insert it in the dash

4. raptorengineer

are you using simple or expert control? it only works with expert. and Reverser Insert (Toggle) Shift + R key

5. amhildreth

amhildreth New Member

Using expert. I am unable to interact with the Reverser lever, and Pressing Shift+R has no effect.This is getting to be frustrating at best

6. raptorengineer

see if this video will help you?

7. amhildreth

amhildreth New Member

I tried everything in the video to the action, with my settings on expert control and high graphics. I'm going to contact the creators of the scenario to see if my download is possibly buggy. I spent another 30 minutes with it, and the game will not let me interact with the reverser in any form.

8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Are you running 32 bit or 64 bit?

9. amhildreth

amhildreth New Member

10. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

There's your problem, the loco only works in 64 bit mode, due to how complex it is....
    aaaaaaa.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. amhildreth

amhildreth New Member

64 bit did the trick. Your help with this issue was greatly appreciated, my friend.

12. abeemanator

abeemanator New Member

Yes one thing I suggest with ANY Searchlight Simulations add ons is to fully read the manual. There is a ton of information in here, that team has worked extremely hard to make these locomotives work as realistically as possible as much as the simulator can do so, and this is only possible with 64 bit modes, with any of their add ons.

Im actually almost positive if you try to run the locomotive in 32 bit mode it pops up an error in the top right side of your screen.

Anyway you should check out their website if you like the AC4400, they have some absolutely amazing SD40-2s and rolling stock.