Cane Creek Free Roam Operations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ajwilson1889, Jul 18, 2021.

1. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

Can you not load in free roam. I'm doing Mine to Mainline on the Free Roam Ops. All the sets at Potash are empty and I want to run loaded to Thompson. When I run under the loaders at 2mph with tops open they don't load. Is there something else I need to do. Call me fickle but I don't want to spend 2 hours taking empties when they should be loaded for the return

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  2. OsamaBinLiftin

OsamaBinLiftin Active Member

Loaders don't seem to work in free roam, the only time they work is when you have a dedicated instruction telling you to load cars sadly. Regardless, the entire uranium soil loading process is fictional in the game, from the rolling stock for it, to the physical loader and loading process outside of Moab. At least it's better than OSD where you couldn't load cars at all, even in timetable mode.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes you can.

4. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Could you explain how. I've tried various speeds, pushing and pulling, and manually opening the covers.

5. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

One of the scenarios, I forget which, specifically goes through how the loading process works - basically open the hatch, connect the hose, and engage the loading with the wheel - same for each car.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt. Didn’t realise that. I just tried opening them and pulling the train under

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Matt are you taking about Cane Creek or Oakville Sub Division. I like the original post cannot load the cars in the free roam scenarios in Cane Creek?

8. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Ah sorry no i thought you meant Oakville's tankers.

Load/Unload operations in TSW will now only work when there's an active instruction - this was added since Clinchfield.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

It does not work in Oakville. Just tried it with service Y911 (GP9). As you can see in the following screenshot the master switch is on, the hose is plugged and the pump valve open but the needle is not moving up at all.

ethanol 2021.07.20.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Is this meant to be an improvement? I noticed this but since in the scenario planner load/unload instructions are not supported this is a loss.

• Like Like x 1
  11. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I can understand why this was done for Clinchfield since some of the loaders are on the main line and you wouldn't want to accidentally load a slow moving drag, but perhaps it should be something you can enable or disable for each route.

I was disappointed that the dirt loading in cane creek simply doesn't happen, you can load potassium on particular scenarios but not dirt.

Paul

12. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Hm, I thought the tailings were moved in special sealed containers for the first place? Why would they load them in simple open gondola cars at all?

13. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Skyhook stated it was because the game doesn't have any way to load an unload containers at the moment.

However, they could of bypassed this by doing what they did with Oakville, and having the container loading/unloading be done by letting the train sit at each site for a specific amount of time. Maybe done between services. Especially since the crews themselves don't actually do any of the loading.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Thanks, I missed that point! And its a pitty to be honest. I would have prefered authentic rolling stock without actual loading mechanics than such workaround with totally wrong cars.

• Like Like x 1
  15. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

They sort of did this, one session takes them there and brakes up the train and tells you they will be loaded then the next session picks them up loaded.

Paul

16. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

i do not call those scenarios real free roam scenarios you have no choice of other locs/trains from where you start

• Like Like x 1