PlayStation Can't Seem To Finish The Scenario Drag Line On Great Western Esxpress

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by j.bertino, Jun 15, 2020.

1. j.bertino

j.bertino New Member

I am toward the end of the Scenario and I am trying to get the train to the engine shed but I have a red light that won't change so that I can continue. What am I doing wrong?

2. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

I think you need to ask the despatcher for permission to proceed.

3. j.bertino

j.bertino New Member

I tried that but nothing happened.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Silly questions, but have you started reversing yet and can you see the signal behind you? I only ask because the signal in the HUD shows red because that is the signal in front of you. The signal behind you should be yellow.

5. j.bertino

j.bertino New Member

Yes I started going back and the 1st light is yellow but the second one is red. Am I traveling on the wrong track?

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Hmm, I don’t know. When I played it earlier today, I kept an eye out for anything that might have cause your issue and one thing I noticed is the route is set correctly for reversing to the shed without having to set any points manually, so you should just be able to reverse without setting a route.

The only other thing I can think of is if you arrive outside of the depot too early or too late and you are blocking an AI train getting out and that train then blocks you from getting in, which shouldn’t really happen because it’s a scenario not a timetable service. One of the instructions is to wait until 10:15 before getting the instruction to reverse into the shed. Whenever I have done the scenario and stuck to the 60mph speed limit for locomotive hauled trains, rather than the speed limit that appears in the HUD which is for DMUs only, I still have to wait 10 minutes or more before 10:15 comes round. What time are you getting to outside the depot?

7. j.bertino

j.bertino New Member

Not sure when I got there but I did wait until 10:15 before backing up. The only other thing I could think of is that I played from a saved game, which shouldn’t make any difference but this game does have it’s issues. Thanks for the help

• Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s probably it then, the save function does have unpredictable results.

9. j.bertino

j.bertino New Member

Ok
    Ok Thanks for your help

• Like Like x 1
  10. j.bertino

j.bertino New Member

Well that was it. I played it all the way through and didn't have any problems. Thanks for all your help.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No problem.