PC Cathcart - [#cxt-139-28702]: Tpws Sound Stays On After Resetting, Can't Make It Stop

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by paul.pavlinovich, Jun 17, 2021.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

This post is not new info to Dovetail - everthing here is included in my Kayako call. I'm posting here for other community members who may be experiencing the issue.

I can reproduce this reliably now. After TWPS sounds, if you set the reverser to Off before resetting AWS then back to forward, neutral or reverse and reset the TWPS then the sound continues.

To reproduce (works every time)
    1. Setting up the train as normal (master key in, reverser forward, other controls don't matter)
    2. Turning on TWPS - the TPWS alert sound will start
    3. Set Reverser Off
    4. Set Reverser Forward
    5. A second TPWS alert sound now starts to play concurrently
    6. Reset TPWS and one of the TPWS alert sounds stops but the other continues and cannot be stopped

Note it does not matter what triggers TPWS whether it is triggered by a signal or just turning it on. Both have the same result in this sequence - if Step 2 was "trigger TPWS by adverse signal" it would be exactly the same outcome.

Note it is also additive, if you repeat step 3 and 4 you get another TWPS playing, you can keep doing this and getting more and more of them.

I have recorded these steps minimising other things happening in the cab