Cathcart Derailment

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by merseyemu, Jun 10, 2021.

1. merseyemu

merseyemu Member

Has anyone else experienced a derailment on service 5N01 just after the first points, it’s happened twice now no matter what I do even after changing the points. Yet again another release with bugs.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. neilwatson2007

neilwatson2007 Member

I had a derailed train in yard, first one in the timetable but turned out it was just the points hadn't been manually changed by myself

3. box215

box215 Active Member

Just finished this service, no issues at all. Took exactly 23 min to complete

Also, you can't change any of the switches in Glasgow Central - it's all dispatcher operated. How did you manage that?
    5N01 Glasgow Central to Neilston empty stock move 5:59, correct?

I'm also on Xbox (Series X)

4. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

I derailed twice too, but it was fine when I realised how to set the points correctly. If you look on the map, there are two sets of points levers which need to be in the right position to get past the place you derailed at.

5. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I was gonna take this to the grave but will happily admit it now :D

first time table, simple depot move. Stuffed it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

No derailing, but I have just had the game freeze and kick me back to my home screen as I came into Pollokshields East on the first anticlockwise run of the journey (2I23 Glasgow Central - Glasgow Central). AWS alarm sounded, then it froze and crashed on me.

7. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

That just happened to me in the divergent scenario left queens park aws went off then froze to main xbox home screen.

8. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I had a random derailment when stood in a station (on PS4 Pro). I have no idea what happened, but my first guess would be that a passenger decided to fly to the stars, and somehow took the train with it. It ended the session.

Guess 2: I can't reproduce it - but I have a feeling that maybe my brakes weren't on - this was on a normal piece of track, not on a junction, so maybe I rolled back a bit, and maybe the tracks aren't really built as reversible (?)... that is a complete guess though.

Guess 3: For the OP - it is also possible that the game studders so badly at times, that the train simply loses connection to the simulated track, or that the track hasn't completely popped in - if random derailments are happening a lot on XBox (especially a 2013 model), around the complex junction areas, then that would be my main theory - it could be an NTP "Miles Platting" sort of issue, if the route is right on the edge of performance for loading in assets.

9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve derailed leaving the depot. I forgot you had to change the points as the scenarios I’ve played, don’t require you to do so.

10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

While playing yard services in a number of routes, I acquired the habit of always checking the 2d map before making a move. Its too easy to take the wrong path or foul some switches, most recently in CRR. The move out of Shields Depot almost caught me too.