Central Line | London Underground

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Oct 2, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Today, I am suggesting the Central Line of the London Underground for TSW 2.

More information can be found in this video.

[​IMG]

The Central Line, is one of London's busiest tube lines. It runs from West Ruislip in the West, to Epping in the Northeast. The line also has two branches, one to Ealing Broadway in the West, and another loop branch between Leytonstone, and Woodford in the East.

It runs the 1992 Tube Stock, which does feature ATO, however, I go more in-depth about that, and how it can be turned off, in the video linked above.

[​IMG]

I also go more in-depth about a possible past timetable, that could be included in this route.

There is another Tube Line, that is similar to the Central Line, named the Waterloo & City Line. It is basically a shuttle line (similar to that of the 42 St Shuttle in NYC), running between Waterloo and Bank. Unlike the Central Line though, it is operated fully manually, with the Train Operator Driving the train.

[​IMG]
    The 92' Stock on the Waterloo & City Line, before it was repainted.

What are your thoughts on this suggestion?

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. djgaming#7176

djgaming#7176 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZeenozPlays

Yes, I do think more Third Parties need to work on TSW. Unfortunately, it seems that we only have about 3 right now, with Rivet, Skyhook, and TSG. I'd love to see more of them, like Just Trains in the future, but I'm not too sure why they haven't attempted to join the Third Party team. IIRC, Just Trains expressed a want to be a part of the Third Party team last year (indirectly), via Twitter.

For now, though, I think this is a route that should be DTG made, and ONLY DTG Made. I don't think any of the Third Party devs (TSG does German stuff - Skyhook I'm unsure about), can handle a route of this caliber. While Rivet does create some nice Rolling Stock, their route quality seems to be always sub-par, and DTG can do a much better job at it (even though we do give them a lot of trouble when they get it wrong).

Also, thanks for linking that explanation of the ATO system, I guess the line was operated manually in that intermediate time with both the '92 and '62 Stocks, so that would be a nice time period to explore for the route.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

I think the Waterloo and city line should be dtg next big project

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I emailed a quite few third party devs recently about if they would join DTG to make content for TSW 2 and a few of them had interesting responses.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. ZeenozPlays

So it seems that it is incredibly difficult for Third Parties to work on the game. I wonder how this will play out in a few years, because IMO, Third Parties are vital to the success of TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lunar_Twisted

I do agree because the more third party devs we have, the more content this game will have. I don’t own a powerful laptop or desktop to play Train Simulator but I do like the content that third party developers put out.

• Like Like x 2
  9. driverwoods#1787

Absolutely correct furthermore in the community are expecting west Cornwall to be a disaster like Island line and Arosa Line due to it being Rivet Games route.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ZeenozPlays

Yeah, TSW definitely needs more Third Parties. We could have such a large and diverse collection of routes if there were more of them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ZeenozPlays

Not just because it's Rivet, but because of what people have seen in the screenshots provided. Rivet continues to make the same mistakes over and over again with the way they create the scenery along their routes, and that is the reason the community keeps calling them out.

• Like Like x 4
  12. driverwoods#1787

OK then and that will be a problem if Rivet Makes the central line because tunnels will be ruined and also signaling bugs seen on Arosa Line. For a suitable third-party maker for the central line Skyhook Games can deliver the route. Since you Included the London equivalent to Times Square 42nd Street shuttle the Waterloo City Line old name for 1992 stock there was British Rail Class 482.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

From what I've seen in the the upcoming Brighton route its the best tsw route i seen and definitely set the bar super high..I think the Central Line route would be an excellent revisit to the highly wanted underground/subway meta.I honestly do believe from what dtg been releasing as far as uk content,and past bakerloo refixes and major obstacles ironed out and new and promising techniques being implemented in all future content this would be an amazing choice for a 2nd attempt for a subway route,i must conclude as an American who obsessively loves/appreciates and enjoys variety British trains/routes that,if and when the success of highly anticipated subway route i would hope to see at least 1 subway of each country currently in tsw2 attempted especially a NYC subway route :x ...

• Like Like x 2
  14. driverwoods#1787

One missing country is Germany U-Bahn Munchen or Hamburg. The bundle can be called Train Sim World 2 Underground commuter US MTA New York State 8th Ave Broadway 7th ave UK Central Line or Metropolitan Line Germany U-Bahn Munchen/Hamburg.

15. Lunar_Twisted

This is why whenever I see a new content appear on the roadmap and its by Rivet Games, my excitment for that upcoming content goes nowhere, especially when it's a route. When it comes to the rolling stock, the model looks great. When it comes to routes, scenery... well not looking so great, partially Arosaline and the St Ives Bay Line. I'm interested in getting the West Cornwall Local (if it's good) but don't really care for their upcoming LU 1938 Stock. I wouldn't be suprise if the LU 1938 Stock cost $19.99. DTG on the otherhand, I get excited but worry about missing details along a certain section of the route/train or missing rolling stock that tons of people usually points out. Things will usually come with bugs so I won't be suprise.

• Like Like x 2
  16. djgaming#7176

djgaming#7176 Active Member

This would be amazing considering the amount of positive feedback in the comments here I think more subways would do well.

17. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Central Line could be a good candidate for the UK route in Rush Hour 2! Seriously though, probably my favourite tube line after the Northern. On a purely personal note, I would prefer to see it in the 1962 stock era with the Ongar section still open, but would settle for more modern if necessary.

• Like Like x 1